Yellow Ring on product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
My niece came in to my shop saturday to ask if i could help her. She thought her brush was contaminated (sp), iv looked at both and they look ok, the dont leave any kinds of stains. If she places a bead on to tissue a yellow ring appears outlining it. My first thought was the tissue..! So tryed different one and no it wasnt. I asked if any of the nails she had done were yellowing and she said only on some, very little on the smilt line corners. This is her second brush head and its still doing it. She used my brush and its still doing it. Any ideas...?

Sounds as though it's not the brush but the monomer that's contaminated?
Have you checked that out?

Right here is the scoop .....................

A busy technician will seldom contaminate the brush, because the brush never goes DRY.

When you do not use your brush and the monomer dries in the brush you will ALWAYS get this problem.

If the contamination is only at the ferrule and you make sure you do not touch the bead with this part of the brush, you may be able to continue to use it for much longer. If you see the white powder looking at all yellow in colour when you have sculpted your zone 1, then get a new brush and save the old one to use for something else.

The yellow is not due to the adhesive in the brush breaking down (although it can happen), it is due to the old monomer residue that has dried. Some brushes like Creative brushes, are hand tied and use no glue or adhesive in the ferrule and they can still contaminate if allowed to go dry.

Moral of the story is .. keep using that brush. Busy technicians do not have this problem.

The above was posted by Geeg in another thread. This may help.

A busy technician will seldom contaminate the brush, because the brush never goes DRY.

When you do not use your brush and the monomer dries in the brush you will ALWAYS get this problem.

If the contamination is only at the ferrule and you make sure you do not touch the bead with this part of the brush, you may be able to continue to use it for much longer. If you see the white powder looking at all yellow in colour when you have sculpted your zone 1, then get a new brush and save the old one to use for something else.

The yellow is not due to the adhesive in the brush breaking down (although it can happen), it is due to the old monomer residue that has dried. Some brushes like Creative brushes, are hand tied and use no glue or adhesive in the ferrule and they can still contaminate if allowed to go dry.

Moral of the story is .. keep using that brush. Busy technicians do not have this problem.

The above was posted by Geeg in another thread. This may help.

Well, I did not know that...live & learn.

I must be a busy tech then, as I don't tend to have contamination probs, thankfully.

Hope you get it sorted.

Well, I did not know that...live & learn.

I must be a busy tech then, as I don't tend to have contamination probs, thankfully.

Hope you get it sorted.
I'm not an l&p user so I'm clueless as to the answer, but thought I would do a wee search and this is what Gigi had posted. It's useful to have these bits of info handy.

The brush is used every day. I'm clueless !

I monomer and powders are new and this is the second brush she has brought in 6 weeks. She can't keep buying new products and brush, as you know its not cheap..!

Thanks for the help so far ladies x

I have found this to be the case. Now when I go on holiday my mum looks after the guinea pigs and my l&p brush which she is instructed to immerse in liquid and wipe on a paper towel every couple of days. It works!

The brush is used every day. I'm clueless !

I monomer and powders are new and this is the second brush she has brought in 6 weeks. She can't keep buying new products and brush, as you know its not cheap..!

Thanks for the help so far ladies x
Hi Vicky, I know what you mean about it becoming expensive, I ruined a couple of brushes in my early days.......You say you tried the brush with your new powders and it is still happening. It seems to me that the brush is contaminated. If you are working too wet and smoothing your product then you will be dragging the product further down the brush into the ferrule and if the brush is not cleaned properly in fresh monomer, the contamination will sit in the ferrule area so the next time the brush is being used, it will leave the yellow tinge. Try leaving it to soak overnight in fresh monomer, then give it a real good wipe out the next day.
David

It may be how she stores her brush. I always have mine stored in my beauty box with the bristles pointing down wards, then this way, any monomer left in your brush will stay in the bristles and not go into the ferrul of the brush. I have never had a problem with any of my brushes getting contaminated. They just wear out.

I know some people store them flat, but i prefer to keep mine with the brush pointing downwards. May be this could help?

Thanks for all the help so far. Her new brush is loosing hair too, 4 to 5 hairs on 1 stroke.

Definately a contaminated brush, she must have done something to have it losing hairs.

Definately a contaminated brush, she must have done something to have it losing hairs.

She soaked it like One of the trainers suggested and its wrapped in tissue in the little black coffins cases. I know a couple of geeks have had trouble with hair loss of their brush but without the yellow.

Hopefully giving it a good soaking will sort it out.

It's so annoying when this happens as the brushes aren't cheap. Hope she solves the problem.

why hasn't she just bought a new brush...

Latest posts

Back