Yellow roots after Wella 8.1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yules77

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some help please.
what can I do to cover yellow roots after clients hair going yellow on the roots ? She used Wella 8.1 9% , the rest of hair is blonde and highlighted .Should I use permanent or semi permanent to cover up and what level? Thanks very much in advance

Last edited:
Hi all,
I need some help please.
what can I do to cover yellow roots after clients hair going yellow on the roots ? She used Wella 8.1 9% , the rest of hair is blonde and highlighted .Should I use permanent or semi permanent to cover up and what level? Thanks very much in advance
What you use will depend on what you want to achieve? What level /tone the target shade is,and also what the starting level is.

What you use will depend on what you want to achieve? What level /tone the target shade is,and also what the starting level is.

Attachments

• 4E3105FD-A2E1-4B9B-A5DE-D0CF385639BF.jpeg
    4E3105FD-A2E1-4B9B-A5DE-D0CF385639BF.jpeg
    703.5 KB · Views: 55
She has sent this. I was thinking to clean the roots with 3% and maybe tone with Wella 9.1 or smth similar ? If I just put permanent or non permanent colour on would it even take ?

Ps she wants to keep length as it is bleached blonde

What would you normally use for a toner?

Ps she wants to keep length as it is bleached blonde
So is the aim to have slightly darker roots? If so you need to tone it with a violet level 8 first to neutra the yellow

Latest posts

Back