Yellow tinge in set of French white tip acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sim1

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

After some help.

I did a set of nails last week using CND liquid & powder, clear & white with a layer of icicles additives on the white, I was really pleased with them.

Luckily, they were on my friend as when I saw her a few days later, I took a look at her nails and I noticed that on most fingers there was a yellow tinge in the clear. :cry: It looked like one of my other clients nails who smokes but still insists on having bio sculpture french rather than a colour. :irked: My friend does not smoke & never has done! :confused:

I am quite an experienced nail tech but I don't use liquid & powder much, at the most once a month. I mainly use bio sculpture, shellac & brisa lite & my last set of acrylics were fine.

After I saw my friend, I then checked my acrylic brush. It is a 'Crystal Nails' brush rather than CND but I'm sure that this has nothing to do with my problem. Anyway, I dipped the brush into some monomer and wiped it on a lint free towel several times and a yellow trail was left on the paper. I have tried to keep wiping my brush but it is not making any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean my brush or has my brush maybe been contaminated in some way which probably means that I need to buy a new one at Professional Beauty at the weekend?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :idea::idea::idea:

Has she used fake tan? Eaten curry? All these things can effect it, don't instantly blame you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it is definitely me, or rather my brush because when I tried to clean my brush with the monomer, it left a yellow trail on the paper.

Oh no :( hopefully you can find ypirself a nice new one at pro beauty?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My brush did this, well at first I couldn't figure out if it was my brush or my liquid. But the monomer would turn a funny colour when I dipped my brush in and then when I wiped it was yellow. I didn't know if it was from submerging the brush too much into the liquid so it touched the metal part? I don't know. Anyway after changing brushes it was fine

Fling out that brush and get another.

Be really careful when storing your brush after working with l&p, always store it flat, or with the bristles pointing downwards. If you have stored with the handle downwards, and the brush pointing up, liquid from the belly of the brush can seep back into the handle only to come out at a later date and ruin and discolour your nice new nails.

That would account for the yellow streaks you are seeing now.

I would almost put money on it being this.

Thank you so much fellow Geeks for your replies.

I will be definitely be purchasing a new brush at the Beauty Show this weekend.

Latest posts

Back