yellow tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy

Reaction score
I done a set of acrylis (whit tips) on a client, she then went on the sun bed and they have turned yellow! can anybody tell me why this is. :mad:

Hi

I use a UV Shield once i've done my acrylics, this stops them from yellowing.

Hope this helps

Shelley:)

hi, thanks for the reply i will give it a go ;)

i have a sunbed at home and if you go on it for to long it will turn them yellow, do what the other lady suggested and you will be fine :)

There could be another way to stop the yellowing - buy better tips!!! There are plenty of companies out there whose tips do not yellow under a sunbed!!! If you have bought 500 tips for £25.00 expect this type of thing and others, to happen - I don't know what you have so difficult to say but just a thought!

Certain lotion designed for sunbed use contain tan enhancers these will yellow arcylic........its a dye based ingedient........like coppertan..........
So apply a UV shield and you should be fine................

I have found since i have 2 girls that suntan lotion also causes discolouration to the nails. I'm not sure where i saw this info but i believe that suntan lotions have certain chemicals that have to penetrate the skin to enable the protective cover it gives therefore it can have the same effect on acrylic nails - hence the use of uv shield.

Shelley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back