Yellow to icy blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a new client who has previously dyed their hair using a shop box colour and it is a very light blonde with a yellow tinge, she would like the pic attached so a very light silver ash all over with a second light ash brown colour going through it. I’m thinking to foil the lot not leaving any bits out to make sure all is covered and lighten up to a creamier blonde before toning with an ash toner? I’m worried about too much stress on the hair bleaching all the ends! I dont like taking it all the way through when the ends are so light but feel it needs more lifting to achieve to lightness- is there a better way if achieving This look? Or just foil and bleach the regrowth and then tone the ends after? It’s just knowing a really god toner to shift that gold. The before pic isn’t her hair but it is the same colour as she is now

Attachments

• 0D6F9472-4EEA-45F8-A018-A46EBD0DB88B.png
    0D6F9472-4EEA-45F8-A018-A46EBD0DB88B.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 8F495F52-EFC4-466A-BDCE-4E5479E12AE8.jpeg
    8F495F52-EFC4-466A-BDCE-4E5479E12AE8.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 3AB422D2-F203-4534-A7B6-5D572B8F77B8.jpeg
    3AB422D2-F203-4534-A7B6-5D572B8F77B8.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 51
For speed you could actually do a root bleach and lift the nds all together. Faster than foiling.
I'd start with bleach + 1.9% on the ends and then when they lift up to a creamy yellow, go back through and apply bleach + 3% to the roots. Then this should all process together and come off together.
Then create your lowlight in foil the same time as you tone the rest?
For the toner I'd use 3 parts colour touch 10/6 + 1parts 8/81 + 1.9%
For the lowlight I'd use a level 6 maybe a neutral or natural warm like 6/03? Or 6/07. Mayhe even go down to a 5.

Do you use Olaplex or anything similar?

For speed you could actually do a root bleach and lift the nds all together. Faster than foiling.
I'd start with bleach + 1.9% on the ends and then when they lift up to a creamy yellow, go back through and apply bleach + 3% to the roots. Then this should all process together and come off together.
Then create your lowlight in foil the same time as you tone the rest?
For the toner I'd use 3 parts colour touch 10/6 + 1parts 8/81 + 1.9%
For the lowlight I'd use a level 6 maybe a neutral or natural warm like 6/03? Or 6/07. Mayhe even go down to a 5.

Do you use Olaplex or anything similar?
Would you use a semi for the low light then? As thinking I may need to get the toner off after maybe 10 minutes but the low light will need longer if you get what I mean- also I don’t have olaplex or any bonding additive, keep thinking of getting some just don’t know if ide get use out of it for my clientele or even a different one that could add to my bleach but don’t know any, I use all L’Oréal products so studio bleach

I’ve got some wella T18 at the salon but not used it yet so scared to try it out lol so used to dis richesse and dia light as my Toners

Would you use a semi for the low light then? As thinking I may need to get the toner off after maybe 10 minutes but the low light will need longer if you get what I mean- also I don’t have olaplex or any bonding additive, keep thinking of getting some just don’t know if ide get use out of it for my clientele or even a different one that could add to my bleach but don’t know any, I use all L’Oréal products so studio bleach
Yeah I would. I would foil on your lowlight, leave it develope for half the development time then flood the rest of the hair with your toner. This way it won't matter if your toner is on 10 mins or 20.

T18 is a permanent colour anyway so not ideal as a toner.
I'm not 100%familiar with L'Oréal shades but I can try and convert it for you if you like?

Yeah I would. I would foil on your lowlight, leave it develope for half the development time then flood the rest of the hair with your toner. This way it won't matter if your toner is on 10 mins or 20.

T18 is a permanent colour anyway so not ideal as a toner.
I'm not 100%familiar with L'Oréal shades but I can try and convert it for you if you like?
Ok thank you- that makes good sense- yrs please if you wouldn’t mind as I’m not familiar with the . 6 and .81 numbers lol maybe a 10.12 with 9.01

10.12 + 9.01 dia light looks pretty close.
8/81 is a light pearl(blue) ash (silver green) blonde.
10/6 is lightest violet blonde.
Lowlight 6/0 would be dia richesse 6N or you could use dialight 6.13

What is a blue tone in loreal?

Do you mean l
10.12 + 9.01 dia light looks pretty close.
8/81 is a light pearl(blue) ash (silver green) blonde.
10/6 is lightest violet blonde.
Lowlight 6/0 would be dia richesse 6N or you could use dialight 6.13

What is a blue tone in loreal?
do you mean like 9.1 for example- the .1 is blue ash and a .2 is mauve ash or violet - their toners dont play around with a lot of numbers it’s either .1, .21, .12, .01 etc and then you got the Warmer tones by using the standard 3 is gold, 4 is copper etc , when I see ranges that have for example 10p I think what is the p lol

Right okay! 😂
So confusing 😂
I wish tones followed an international numbering system too.
So 10.12 + 9.01 would be ideal 🙂

I worked with a brand that used letters.
So in goldwell a 10P would be a level 10 pearl (blue Ash) whereas for loreal it'd be 10.1, in wella it would be 10.8! 😂 😂

Omg 🤪😂
Thanks for the conversion , it is very confusing lol

Latest posts

Back