yellow toe & finger Nails HELP needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarnygirl1

Reaction score
Hi Ive got a couple of clients who have got very yellow toe and finger nails.

Now i dont think they were wearing base coat but now they are but any advice to get them nice and white or alot lighter as they are going to want french manicure and pedicures soon for their holidays and they are very yellow.

Any advice or tips would be great.

Many thanks
Tarn

Usually a light buff of the nails will get rid of any yellow staining. I find that especially for the toes it is a must to buff the surface x

I find this happens when dark colours are worn a lot, even with base coats.

Also, if you use certain makes of polish, this seems to happen more.

Definitely do what Chris said and lightly buff the surface of the nail, this should remove the yellowing.

Constant wearing of nail enamel will yellow the surface of nails WITH OR WITHOUT BASE COAT. Wearing a base coat does not stop yellowing. Do as suggested above.

i find that cuticle remover seems to brighten up the nail plate when it has become disscoloured. this works well with hairdressers who dont use gloves when colouring too.

i know I'll be shot down in flames from certain quarters for this but i noticed Marks and Spencer sell a 2 step treatment for yellow nails, might be worth a try if you don't want to buff nails .

i know I'll be shot down in flames from certain quarters for this but i noticed Marks and Spencer sell a 2 step treatment for yellow nails, might be worth a try if you don't want to buff nails .
BANG!
:lol::lol::lol:

Won't shoot you down, but no I wouldn't use an M&S product in the salon when a white block and a few swipes would do the business in a flash. You are not buffing the nail but only exfoliating it to remove a stain from the surface!

mmmm i might try this geeg, a few swipes with the block thanx x

Latest posts

Back