yellowing acrylic issue???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtech17

Reaction score
im currently using supernail products and on the odd accasion on one or so nails per set the acrylic is yellow. this is as soon as its applied and i used cat get over want it could be.... any help im doing a set on thursday and reaally dont want one or 2 nails yellow.
nailtech17:irked:

are you sure you haven't got a contaminated brush?

if it were a product problem I would assume the yellowing would be on every nail.

hiya,

if you use tips, be carfull when applied primer, if you go with primer on tips then it may go yellow too :)

i agree with sandi...if it was your product..then the yellow would be on every nail...although like someone else said....you cannot put primer on tips cos that will cause the yellow aswell...put in the search bar...yellow acrylic and you will find loads of threads about it all hun...i cant get the thread i want on this reply...how do you do that....????????????????????????????

sorry to hyjack this post but i had a client this week with a similar problem.client had set of l&p french/tips( supernail l&p) done just over 2 weeks ago and came in for a re-bal.Her index fingernail had yellowed.
i'm baffled as to what may have caused this because if it were the product or my application suerly this would have happend to all her nails????:confused:
i went through all the possibilites with her and she can't think of anything she may have done to cause this(hair dye,certain foods ect) and she is very carefull about looking after her enhancements.
i've only recently started to use supernail l&p after seeing a demo in gmexpb,and up until last week i've been happy with the products ease of use and results.(i only used white tips to do the french because i made the mistake of bying a clear powder insted of white lol)
oh and by the way i used nsi glaze nd go on these nails aswell.
please can anyone help me as this has never happned to me before.:grr:

thanks

Last edited:
i know you probably asked her already sweet but was she a smoker?that could be a reason why it was just on her liddle finger, or maybe she had put her finger in a really strong curry!!
:):)

i know you probably asked her already sweet but was she a smoker?that could be a reason why it was just on her liddle finger, or maybe she had put her finger in a really strong curry!!
:):)

she is a smoker but swears that she uses the other hand to hold her ciggie :confused: and i went through all types of food with her :lol: and she sed 'i wouldn't do that i allways use a spoon' must admit i had a hard time keeping a straight face :lol:
i'm still baffled though:confused:
thanks anyway
:hug:

Hi Hun,
I have seen this too, I would guess she is a smoker..........Ask lol x

im currently using supernail products and on the odd accasion on one or so nails per set the acrylic is yellow. this is as soon as its applied and i used cat get over want it could be.... any help im doing a set on thursday and reaally dont want one or 2 nails yellow.
nailtech17:irked:
Hi Hun,
If happening on just a couple of nails, I too think it is a contaminated brush. Try putting brush into your monomer and taking excess off onto a clean white piece kitchen paper, you may see the yellow trail then. Try another brush if you have one. I have 3 on my desk, just incase I get distracted and leave a bit of L & P on my brush, if this happens then I swap over to another brush, with the hardened one in brush cleaner. Plus I keep a brand new one in my stock cupboard. I am such a worrier incase I run out of something, Hubby says my stock cupboard is like a mini wholesalers.......it keeps me happy. Lol x :hug:

I dont do L&P and cant answer your questions - I can relate to this problem though with a client of mine and gel application. For weeks it bothered me, until one day I asked her what hand she held her hair dryer in !!!! Yep - she had reasonabley short hair and was cooking her nails as she dried her hair using her round brush LOL

hi,
the yellowing usually occurs when the brush is contaminated. you need to clean your brush (or buy a new 1) and always make sure you lie your brush flat once you've used it cause otherwise the excess liquid stays in the brush and goes horrible and can leave the yellow stains.

hope you get it sorted
:lol:

I dont do L&P and cant answer your questions - I can relate to this problem though with a client of mine and gel application. For weeks it bothered me, until one day I asked her what hand she held her hair dryer in !!!! Yep - she had reasonabley short hair and was cooking her nails as she dried her hair using her round brush LOL

omg :eek: i never thought of that.
thanks
:hug:

Latest posts

Back