Yellowing calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely they should be on at their manufacturer to get some violet put in the mix of their clear gel to help prevent the yellowing without techs having to faff about and mix it themselves.....violet would go down a storm in their whites also!......
Don't know if Calgel are in the process of doing something along these lines. I know that they have just had (or are in the process of) a major product and branding revamp.

I agree with Amb, that it would be fab to have a Calgel Educator or similar on the Geek Site. We have tried to encourage Robyn to join us but TBH I think she is just too busy at Calgel HQ.

Erm...... however, in the meantime ...... many of us rely on our very own resident Calgel guru ....... Amber (Minkus):green::wink2:.

How often are you or the client applying the Calcrystal between infils?

Calcrystal is supposed to be reapplied every 2 to 3 days, so it is advisable to retail it to the clients just as you would a cuticle oil.

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun here CurlyQs if you are already doing this. HTHs.

Yes, they do reapply consistently. It does definitely help, but doesn't cure (unless they buff first).

I don't suffer any of those problems with NNO using Brisa, no damage to natural nail as overlay still intact after 2-3 weeks, no yellowing of product and no snapping.

I'm sorry of this offends anyone... but why use a product which gives those kinds of results?

Why not use a product that doesn't yellow after 9 days (or thereabouts), why not use a product that doesn't yellow at all?

Is it the soak off option that attracts technicians to use these gels?
If they yellow then what are the other reasons for using them?

I'm on the lookout for a soak off gel but I'm not interested in one that yellows, at the moment Nobility is on my shortlist but I haven't heard too much about it so haven't made a firm decision yet.
Does Nobility yellow between rebalance appointments?

I know this has gone slightly off topic (sorry peeps) but might as well discuss it here that do a new thread :wink2:

For me, I see the main advantage as it is more flexible than a buff off and therefore some clients prefer it. It has a very natural look - just like polish. I know a natural look can be achieved with buff off too, but I find it to be slightly different with a soft gel.

I don't have problems with either Calgel or Bio lifting or snapping. Many clients ask for Bio by name and wouldn't dream of changing to anything else (clever marketing, I guess?).

I am going to train in Brisa because I am very fussy about the white staying white, but I must say that clients don't complain about the discolouration. I don't think they notice until they're done fresh again and they admire how nice they look. And, again, the S Gel really helps.

I think there's a lot of value in offering both.

Don't know if Calgel are in the process of doing something along these lines. I know that they have just had (or are in the process of) a major product and branding revamp.

I agree with Amb, that it would be fab to have a Calgel Educator or similar on the Geek Site. We have tried to encourage Robyn to join us but TBH I think she is just too busy at Calgel HQ.

Erm...... however, in the meantime ...... many of us rely on our very own resident Calgel guru ....... Amber (Minkus):green::wink2:.

Robyn is a member on the site however she is on maternity leave at the moment, hence not being on.

There is a lot in the pipeling at HO and as long as aftercare if followed you should have no problems - however each client is individual and no two are the same.

If you are having problems then get in touch with HO that is what they are there for. Robyn is not available but if you speak to Chris he will get someone to get back to you as I know there are a few people covering Robyns mat leave.

Latest posts

Back