Yellowing L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
Hi folks, I need some advice regarding my L&P. I found recently that my white CND powder was setting on the nail with an orangey tint to it. I thought that my brush was contaminated so I bought a new one but it's still happening. I decant my liquid using a pipette and my powder is always kept with the lid on. What can be causing the yellowing? Thanks in advance.

Emily x

Do you use fresh liquid each time? Do you ever use coloured acrylics?

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

Yes I use fresh liquid with every application and I've never used coloured powders. I'm getting really fed up with it now :'(

Emily x

I could really do with some help...anyone? X

Emily x

It could be to do with your brush, if you haven't completely cleaned it after use, it can leave a yellow staining. Dip it into your Retention, wipe it on a white paper towel. If this is yellow, thats your answer? Just another thing to rule out.x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

If its just your white powder and not all of them then i would suggest that its just your white powder. Is your l&p the same brand as each other. Have you considered replacing the white powder with a fresh batch?

This happened to me and I thought it was either my retention + being 2 years old (it was the bottle from my course kit and I used it for practicing on my fake hand) or dipping my brush into the liquid so that the metal part around the brush touched the liquid...whether it was either of these I don't know but since I got new liquid and don't dip my brush in past the hairs it doesn't happen :)

Latest posts

Back