Yellowing Monomer...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I was at my last night of college last night - yipee - now have Diploma Level 2 in Nail Tecnology to add to my CV...

But one of the girls in the class had run out of OPI Monomer and could order anymore intime for a home client - so she bought another monomer and used this with her OPi Polymere - but to her suprise the nails came out yellow...I wondered what the science is on this and why it would happen (have got a copy of Nail Product and Chemistry yet so I couldn't tell her why) other than dont mix your systems...

As you say you should never mix a monomer from one brand with a polymer from another. It could be that she still had residue of her OPI monomer in her brush and this caused contamination with the new monomer (whatever brand it was). Also monomers differ in the amounts of ingredients they have in them to help prevent yellowing etc.

A lesson has been learned here for your fellow student and the rest of the class - DON'T MIX PRODUCT BRANDS AT THE SAME TIME LOL.

As Fiona mentioned... she is experience severe contamination via mixing systems. (sort of a self induced contamination).

It is impossible to make a polymer work with all monomers and a monomer work with all polymers. It is in fact very dangerous to mix systems like that.

Good luck ;)

The Nail Geek said:
As Fiona mentioned... she is experience severe contamination via mixing systems. (sort of a self induced contamination).

It is impossible to make a polymer work with all monomers and a monomer work with all polymers. It is in fact very dangerous to mix systems like that.

Good luck ;)

Oh (not that I would ever) but why is it dangerous? could it cause to much of a heat reaction when polymerising or worse? I am interested in the chemistry side of this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back