Yellowing...P20 suncream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiona wallace

Reaction score
We have had a slight problem this Summer with yellow staining on our enhancements...we use Creative products and have never had any problems with yellowing in 7 years.
Finally got to the bottom of it...P20 suncream (a high factor suncream, lots of parents use on their kids) caused the staining on each of the 4 clients, we only discovered the culprit when one of our own techs used the product on her own kid and first of all realised it had stained her clothing and then noticed her own nails had stained yellow too.
We tried it ourselves and then washed our hands thoroughly after application - NO PROBLEM!
So if you use a non-yellowing product and suddenly see staining perhaps it would be a good idea to ask what suncream they have used, also advise them to wash hands after application.

The staining filed off easily at rebalance appointment.

fiona wallace said:
We have had a slight problem this Summer with yellow staining on our enhancements...we use Creative products and have never had any problems with yellowing in 7 years.
Finally got to the bottom of it...P20 suncream (a high factor suncream, lots of parents use on their kids) caused the staining on each of the 4 clients, we only discovered the culprit when one of our own techs used the product on her own kid and first of all realised it had stained her clothing and then noticed her own nails had stained yellow too.
We tried it ourselves and then washed our hands thoroughly after application - NO PROBLEM!
So if you use a non-yellowing product and suddenly see staining perhaps it would be a good idea to ask what suncream they have used, also advise them to wash hands after application.

The staining filed off easily at rebalance appointment.
Hi Fiona i to have noticed this on some clients but sencream never occured to me thanx for the advice

Thanks for that info Fiona, this will come in handy..........
Got lots of clients returning fom their Hols in the next few days............
Cheers babe xx

Hey Fiona,

Not that most techs would ever be too concerned here in the UK... how often do UK techs actually need sunscreen :lol:

Good point though... anything that can really be soaked off can potentially stain. If it lightly buffs off... then sure fire it was something that stained the nail.

If the ladies from UK don't wanna get wrinkles, they should be wearing sunscreen no matter how much sun they get LOL :green:
Sorry I just had to comment on that. ;-)

PS. I think its the ingredient in aunscreen- Avobeznone (Parsol 1789)- UVA protection, can stain sometimes

Latest posts

Back