Yellowing UV Sealant.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have tried IBD intense seal, and recently NSI glaze n go. Now I know that you all are a big fan of this stuff, so I believe that it is a top quality product. But mine seem to yellow slightly (and when I mean yellow) I mean that my whites are not as bright with it on and it dulls them a tinge. When I buff the stuff off and just use a regular gloss on it, they brighten right up again. I don't get it? I have tried three different brands already and I am getting the same results with each of them. I really want to find a UV sealant that lasts shiny and bright for 3 whole weeks! (and one that does not need to be wiped after curing).

So what I'm wondering is...could it be my UV lamp? Maybe not enough wattage or something? My lamp is a 9V UV. Perhaps I am over curing or undercuring? I really wish I could figure it out because I would love to skip the buffing step :green:

P.S I have also tried the NSI Perma Gloss and didn't like it because I just found it to be too goopy to work with. I prefer the ones with the built in brush :)

maybe the product needs the lamp that goes with it, as sometimes if you use product A and cure it under lamp B it wont cure properly

Sometimes these top coat gels (esp. the once that don't require wiping after curing) seem little yellow at first but if you give them few minutes the yellow tinge dissapears.

A 9v UV lamp is not very much - I take it that it is just one bulb? The NSI lamp has 4 uv bulbs but I dont know about the others you have tried.

I guess I will have to assume that it is the lamp then. Actually, it is usually bright the first day but then tinges the second day. Also, I used it on one of the hairdressers at my salon, and when she rinsed a color off of her clients hair it soaked up the color and stained her nails. Maybe my 9v isn't strong enough. I will have to buy a new one I guess!

Just a suggestion the same thing happened to me.i buffed it all off and tried a new high gloss uv gel called QUATTRO it has been great. I also left it under light for 3 mins or more.You can never over cure this product so dont worry about time.Star nails is the make of the product.Give it a go!

How odd!

I use Glaze N Go and dont have any problems. I use a 9w 1 bulb lamp and cure for 2 mins.

Hope you get to the bottom of your problem, please let us know.:hug:

how old is your bulb? is it time to change it?.
its only a stab in the dark as i think you'd find the product wouldnt cure rather than yellow at a later date.
i only have a cheapo 1 bulb 9 watt lamo for nsi glaze and go and i've never had this happen.

Ok guys, I have tried IBD intense seal, and recently NSI glaze n go. Now I know that you all are a big fan of this stuff, so I believe that it is a top quality product. But mine seem to yellow slightly (and when I mean yellow) I mean that my whites are not as bright with it on and it dulls them a tinge. When I buff the stuff off and just use a regular gloss on it, they brighten right up again. I don't get it? I have tried three different brands already and I am getting the same results with each of them. I really want to find a UV sealant that lasts shiny and bright for 3 whole weeks! (and one that does not need to be wiped after curing).

So what I'm wondering is...could it be my UV lamp? Maybe not enough wattage or something? My lamp is a 9V UV. Perhaps I am over curing or undercuring? I really wish I could figure it out because I would love to skip the buffing step :green:

P.S I have also tried the NSI Perma Gloss and didn't like it because I just found it to be too goopy to work with. I prefer the ones with the built in brush :)
It is your light.
See, IBD require 8W to cure. If you are using 9W light ,it will overcure your Intense seal and your nails will get that yellow tinge.Try Young Nail Finish...
it might work better for you.Or Akzentz Top Gloss Clear, it has brilliant shine,but there is inhibition layer that needs to be wiped after curing.

Latest posts

Back