yey hey - first client from leaflet drops!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, i just had to say im soo excited as ive just had my first booking with a client through my leaflet drop last week!
My husband delivered about 200 last week around the local area and i gave some out on the high street too,
I know i was expecting too much too soon but every day my husband would come home and ask if anyone had rang and i felt gutted everytime i said no, but then today a lady rang up to book a p-wax manicure for 2weeks time! The p-wax is on offer until the end of october which was on the leaflets my husband delivered.

I know its only one client, but i still feel its a result! We only delivered 200 and once my ink arrives for my printer, we shall deliver some more, so overall - im feeling quite chuffed!!:green::green::green:

thats great hun . hopefully some more will book with you soon . at least u have 1 from the leaflet drop . u never know , if she likes it she will tell ll her friends and u will gain a few more clients that way hopefully . u could then offer her 10% on treatments for introduce a friend . well done tho , cant wait till i start my home based business next year . just sorting my house out at the mo , as we moved and had a baby last year . Also need to do more training . its so exciting tho isnt it ?!!! wish u all the best with ur venture chick!

well they say to expect 1 client call from 100 leaflets, so I'm sure you'll get another call.:green:

Thats great news - I hope it all goes well. You might find that you get responses months down the line from these leaflet drops. I had a client a few weeks ago from leaflet drops I did in Feb! Some tend to keep the leaflets if they like the look of them and wait for an opportunity to use them. Are you full time mobile- how long have you been going?

Siana

ITEC qualified Manicure, pedicure and waxing

I'm going to do a postal drop, and was going to over a good discount on a treatment of my choosing but state that it has to be used up by a certain date.
I'm hoping to open the room on Oct 9th and thought I would get them handed out and give them a month to use them up. I'm going to get them to fill in their details and hand it in, then I will call them and give them an appointment date and time that is mutually acceptable.

Do you think this would work or am I asking too much?

I'm going to do a postal drop, and was going to over a good discount on a treatment of my choosing but state that it has to be used up by a certain date.
I'm hoping to open the room on Oct 9th and thought I would get them handed out and give them a month to use them up. I'm going to get them to fill in their details and hand it in, then I will call them and give them an appointment date and time that is mutually acceptable.

Do you think this would work or am I asking too much?

Why not ask them to ring you or e-mail you instead. I know that if i had to drop a form off or post it back I probably wouldnt bother.

yes, thats a good idea oey, I just thought it was a 'clever' way of getting their details, but of course, if they phone or email, then could do an appointment then, and once they are in, would get their contact details.

good thinking batman.

well done..it gives me hope, as i drop mine tomorrow fingers crosses aye

Danielle

That is brilliant. When you think 200 is literally a drop in the ocean isnt it?!

I did 1000 and didnt get one back so you did better than me!

Congratulations!!

Becki xxx

hi, the leaflets have been good for me, ive got a client next week (which is the one i first said about), had another call from it asking for extensions(which i dont do yet) but it was still a call and a good sign that they are getting looked at by some!
I had another booking which i went to last night which was for a full manicure and full ped, the lady was really pleased with it!
Ive also had an enquiry about a childrens manicure party, have a party booked nr xmas time, another booking for nail art nr xmas and and enquiry for a wedding next year.
Im sat here now printing off a further 300 leaflets so hopefully i might get some more clients out of those too..

I only do maninly evenings and weekends as i have 2 little ones so cant do much in the day at the mo, but after half term my youngest will be in school full time so ill have more time for appointments then, although i am doing the extensipon course at the mo too so ill have more time for practising that at home too....

hi, the leaflets have been good for me, ive got a client next week (which is the one i first said about), had another call from it asking for extensions(which i dont do yet) but it was still a call and a good sign that they are getting looked at by some!
I had another booking which i went to last night which was for a full manicure and full ped, the lady was really pleased with it!
Ive also had an enquiry about a childrens manicure party, have a party booked nr xmas time, another booking for nail art nr xmas and and enquiry for a wedding next year.
Im sat here now printing off a further 300 leaflets so hopefully i might get some more clients out of those too..

I only do maninly evenings and weekends as i have 2 little ones so cant do much in the day at the mo, but after half term my youngest will be in school full time so ill have more time for appointments then, although i am doing the extensipon course at the mo too so ill have more time for practising that at home too....
Hi,
I dropped 700 leaflets(not all in one go0,i had one booking,two calls for acrylic,but im only doing gel,i was hoping for more of a response ,but im only advertising ,overlays,manicures and pedicures on a monday and Tuesday @ the moment.xxx)

emily,
you say you are printing them off yourself - are they in colour, what type of paper are you using?

Hi, I have been using white paper, not sure what its called tbh but i buy it from staples about £3.99 for 500 sheets, its A5 size, its quite good quality considering the price.

With my leaflets i put a watermark on the whole of the page to give it colour (using one of my own pics) and then put my print over that.
They do look quite effective and being A5 size, once you fold them in half they are easy to fit through letter boxes.
For my adverts in shops etc, i laminate them so they stand out slightly more from some of the other ads.
I bought a laminator from wilko's, cant remember off the top of my head but it wasnt very expensive and works well for what i need...

Latest posts

Back