Yorkshire Geeky Waxing Workshop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

Reaction score
The Geeky Waxing Roadshow is coming to Yorkshire!! :D

Thanks to a very kind offer from Louise (loubylou), we're looking at running a free waxing workshop in the Leeds area on Monday 12th November.

**I've edited this thread to add the details below**

YORKSHIRE GEEKY WAXING WORKSHOP

Are you up-to-date with the latest products, techniques and developments in the waxing world? The new generation of non-strip waxes by companies such as Perron Rigot, Lycon, Depileve, Hive and Reference are set to revolutionise the face of temporary hair removal with their advanced formulations and unique 'shrinkwrapping' abilities, but their use is currently a little known art within the UK.

With waxing as popular as ever in the salon, there’s never been a better time to refresh our knowledge and enhance our skills with a FREE Geeky Waxing Workshop, Yorkshire style! Hurrah!

DETAILS

Date: Monday 12th November
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm OR 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Venue: Shipley, near Leeds (map and directions will be provided)
Attire: Salon uniform or similar professional workwear
Cost: FREE OF CHARGE to Geeks

CONTENT
  • Introduction to the new generation non-strip waxes (specifically Perron Rigot, as this is the wax we’ll be using, but most of the techniques also apply to other brands)
  • Refresher on contra-indications and cautions
  • Demonstration of non-strip waxing techniques
  • Play time: practice on fellow attendees
  • Troubleshooting, hints and tips
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Attendees must hold a recognised waxing or sugaring qualification and insurance. As waxing techniques will be practiced on each other, everyone attending the workshop must be prepared to be waxed on the day; please grow underarm and leg hair for at least 2 weeks beforehand (and bikini hair if you’re feeling brave!).

HOW TO BOOK

Too late for this workshop, sorry folks - watch the boards for new dates!

SPACES LEFT

Morning session: 1 space (Loubylou, Dee, Diesel, Crunchiegirl, Seductive)
Afternoon session: 1 space (Loubylou, Snugglepuss, Minkus, Perfectbeauty, Joe90, Notsonewgeek)

Wax on!! :green:

Andy x

Last edited:
fantastic

you can put me down - dont mind either 1 day or half day

nicola
x

You can put me down also, half or full day for me either :hug:

put me down for an afternoon, not sure whether I can make it for definite - other commitments, and I can tell you I won't half kick myself if I have to miss it and in particular if I miss meeting the fantastic manscaper geek Andy :green:

Huge thanks to Louise for offering her salon for the INVASION OF THE GEEKS:eek:

you can def put my name down please! either full or half day fine by me! :)

Bah, I really wanted to do this but alas, I work Mondays :(

put me down for that:green: !! and diesel has phoned me she will be coming too :) so thats 2 places filled , lol
oh and we are easy to whatever , full or 1/2 day , lol

yipeeeeeeeeee
at last one i can make
im in !
:green::green::green::green::green::green:
amb xx

whats it about please? obviously waxing but is it techniques, problems solved etc?

me to please maybe 2 of us thank u xx

I would love to come Andy, will have to bunk off college for the day. Either half or a full day is ok with me.

whats it about please? obviously waxing but is it techniques, problems solved etc?

**Thread edited to add workshop content in first post**

The Geeky Waxing Workshops were set up in response to people wanting help with perfecting their hot wax techniques, so they are primarily an opportunity to play with the new generation hard waxes that are out there.

I'm really pleased that so many have expressed an interest, it will be great to meet you all. Considering the numbers, I think I will go with the usual half-day sessions to make sure everybody who wants to attend can do so. In an ideal world I'd like to stay an extra day and do two full day workshops, but maybe that's something for the future :)

I'll post full details of the workshop in a new thread over the weekend, as soon as I've agreed times with Louise.

Can't wait to meet you all! :D

Andy x

Hope your counting me in too, i want to be there, promise i will be hairy lol :hug:

I would love to be there too!

If any of my rooms would accommodate one of your wax workshops, i would be more than happy to oblige, maybe this can be another date for our diary's a little further up north.

Feel free to pm me Andy and let me know.

Christi xx

Rather than start a whole new thread, I've updated my first post with booking information for the workshop on 12th November. I'm adding names to the post as people book on - if you'd rather not have your name appear in lights, just send me a quick PM and I'll remove it :D

Any questions, please post them here or send me a PM.

Thanks to everyone that's booked so far - I look forward to meeting you all on the 12th November! :D

Andy x

OK - am having a major sulk now - i am going to be away (cause it is my BIG 40 on the 10th) so yet again am not going to be able to make it! :cry:

We will get there one day Andy :cry: promise! I am not going to let you get off that light! :lol:

OK - am having a major sulk now - i am going to be away (cause it is my BIG 40 on the 10th) so yet again am not going to be able to make it! :cry:

We will get there one day Andy :cry: promise! I am not going to let you get off that light! :lol:

Oh I will get you there one day, Theresa - it's almost become my mission, lol! :D

Oh I will get you there one day, Theresa - it's almost become my mission, lol! :D

Thanks Andy - I have every faith that you will! :lol:

Its a shame I only have one treatment room or we could make a north midlands training day too! I have plenty of spare bedrooms for you to stay over too.

We're fully booked for this workshop now folks - I'm really looking forward to meeting you all on the 12th November! :D

As I mentioned in my email, we're desperate for wax heaters so that we can try as many different types of non-strip waxes as possible - huge thanks to those of you who have kindly agreed to bring yours along on the day. If anyone else can help with that side of things, please send me a quick note :)

Any other questions, as always you can reach me via this thread or PM!

Andy x

Two weeks to go Geeks - time to throw away those razors and get growing :D

Thanks to everyone who has offered to bring their waxpots with them on the day - we still need at least one more pot for the afternoon, so if you can help please send me a PM.

Really looking forward to meeting you all!

Andy x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back