You know you're getting old when......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You give your son the secrect diary of Adrian Mole to read and he doesn't understand it because the humour is too British and out dated!

You have a girly weekend away show/shopping.....
Prefer to go out for a meal.. Nice vino, No pub crawl! Them back to room for a cup of tea before bed ....

And

You dance to a song you know think its still cool but yr kids snigger and don't get it!

You discover 'night cream' Waaaaaaa!!

When instead of looking up words in the Oxford dictionary you have to look them up in the urban dictionary.

Haha i do this! Some of the younger girls at work come out with some right words, i nod along to what they are saying and as soon as they are gone im having to look them up, although there was one the other week i wish i hadnt :-/ x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

you have to ask a client how do you make a phone call with new smart phone/head wrecking bloody thing.

Well I realized serious aging when The styles I wore in high school are back!!! Scary !😩

You say everyone "looks about 14"....

"Oooh that teacher/policeman/doctor/bank manager looks about 14"

And yes, sounding like your mum (cringe) :-(

Haha that's me!

My little cousin talks about going to town or how her and her friends were going on holiday and I say "but your only 12!"
She's really 18!

Or when you have actually ordered tenna men, just incase you need them at some point soon!
Moaning at getting up after sitting, back pan and wanting new knees and hips.

Have to agree with a lot on here.

Mine are... Doing a wee wee when you laugh a lot or when having a coughing fit.
Forgetting what day it is or what happened the day before, forgetting almost everything so have to make notes but then forget you made a note until its a week too late.
Actually caring there is no bread at home, even though you don't eat bread at home.
Bulk buying food in cans when its cheap (I bought 16 cans of mushy peas because they were 4p a can... But I hate mushy peas)

Xoxo

When you can get down on the floor by yourself but need help getting back up and getting a text with text talk and having to do a search to figure out what they are saying.

When you start saying things your parents did. I went through 2x "mummy knows best" on Saturday night! My daughter had her ice skating show and I took a suitcase full of blankets and fleeces which she moaned at me for and said she wouldn't wear in a million years. She thought differently after being evacuated outside twice after two fire alarms!!! Needless to say the blue zip up fleece which she said she'd never wear came in very handy after she left her coat in the car!!!

Also bad English. No excuse for it!!

Last night we went to our motorcycle club's Christmas meal, in our T5 van. I was so knackered that after I'd finished my meal I whispered to my humsbums.
Do you still have the camping stuff in the van?
Why?!
I want a lil snooze.
I'll sort it
So, I snuck out and went to bed in the back of the van.
Couple of hours later they all piled into the van and I drove them home!
It was lovely; I even had the wireless on to fall asleep to!

Last night we went to our motorcycle club's Christmas meal, in our T5 van. I was so knackered that after I'd finished my meal I whispered to my humsbums.
Do you still have the camping stuff in the van?
Why?!
I want a lil snooze.
I'll sort it
So, I snuck out and went to bed in the back of the van.
Couple of hours later they all piled into the van and I drove them home!
It was lovely; I even had the wireless on to fall asleep to!

Lol Lynne, calling it a wireless is also a sign :p xoxo

Haha that's me!

My little cousin talks about going to town or how her and her friends were going on holiday and I say "but your only 12!"
She's really 18!

Or when you have actually ordered tenna men, just incase you need them at some point soon!
Moaning at getting up after sitting, back pan and wanting new knees and hips.

Have to agree with a lot on here.

Mine are... Doing a wee wee when you laugh a lot or when having a coughing fit.
Forgetting what day it is or what happened the day before, forgetting almost everything so have to make notes but then forget you made a note until its a week too late.
Actually caring there is no bread at home, even though you don't eat bread at home.
Bulk buying food in cans when its cheap (I bought 16 cans of mushy peas because they were 4p a can... But I hate mushy peas)

Xoxo

Agree about the bulk buying and the bog-offs. I now have an "emergency cupboard" for just in case!

When I will ever need the stuff that's in it, I'll never know, because if there's an emergency trust me I'll be reaching for the vodka not a 28 pack of loo rolls (well actually now I think about it, the loo roll might be handy!)

Oh and the "greeting card drawer" again, for any unexpected eventuality! :/

I had to laugh at the greeting card drawer. Can't you just tell a person's age by the cards that are in it. It used to be 21sts and congrats on your driving test, then wedding and baby cards (not always in that order) but just lately I've found I always have a deepest sympathy card too!

I had to laugh at the greeting card drawer. Can't you just tell a person's age by the cards that are in it. It used to be 21sts and congrats on your driving test, then wedding and baby cards (not always in that order) but just lately I've found I always have a deepest sympathy card too!

Oh dear, me too! Mine are 40th birthdays and thankfully still a few congratulations on new babies!

Agree about the bulk buying and the bog-offs. I now have an "emergency cupboard" for just in case!

When I will ever need the stuff that's in it, I'll never know, because if there's an emergency trust me I'll be reaching for the vodka not a 28 pack of loo rolls (well actually now I think about it, the loo roll might be handy!)

Oh and the "greeting card drawer" again, for any unexpected eventuality! :/

Oh god loo roll. My grandad bought a un cut one once. Was about a meter tall, and atleast the same wide. Was quite funny. And envelopes, there was about 4 box's of 1000 envelopes under the stairs.

I bought 100 loo rolls at Tesco once
To get 15p off per
Litre
Of petrol. Xoxo

Tonight I asked my son to "video" something on tv for me :eek:

My daughter (9) asked me the other day: "mum, what did you do in the olden days to find stuff out before google?" I was totally dumbstruck! I'm 34! My idea of olden days is Edwardian or Victorian times!!!! I politely informed her that we went to a "library" and used things called "books" to to find out information!!!!

My daughter (9) asked me the other day: "mum, what did you do in the olden days to find stuff out before google?" I was totally dumbstruck! I'm 34! My idea of olden days is Edwardian or Victorian times!!!! I politely informed her that we went to a "library" and used things called "books" to to find out information!!!!

Love this!! Sounds like my "now 15" year old. I'm 32 and when he was about 8 he asked me did we have gas street lights because we didn't have electric!!! Ironic considering the 80s brought us electro pop!!

Latest posts

Back