You start to apply Zone 2, but the product starts to spread into the walls of nail and cuticle. What do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyTaylor115

Reaction score
hey guys , im doing a course and im stuck on what to do just need a few of others ideas as im not 100% on my answer
You start to apply Zone 2, but the product starts to spread into the walls of nail and cuticle.

What do you do?

You probably havent got the right bead consistency. Whatever brand you're using, see what is the best consistency for using their product and how to achieve it. Also try using a smaller bead. Just needs a bit better control x

Hey , thanks for your reply , I had an idea about that that the bead was too wet of a consistency however I don’t know what I would do if that happened on a client would I let it set and file down or wipe it off x

Hey , thanks for your reply , I had an idea about that that the bead was too wet of a consistency however I don’t know what I would do if that happened on a client would I let it set and file down or wipe it off x

Good critical thinking, remember from your training that uncured product should never touch the clients skin so no, don't let it cure and file off. The overexposure damage is already done to the client and the product is potentially contaminated with oils, dust and debris that will lead to lifting. I would push the product back to the centre of the nail, working from side to side to keep it even until it started to cure and not run. Or remove it with my brush, not wiping, ensuring that all of the product is removed from my brush before moving on. Make sure to pull the lateral folds of skin away from the moving product. Better, as @moonails says to inspect your bead on the brush before you lay it down on to the nail, discard if too well (or dry of course)

Good critical thinking, remember from your training that uncured product should never touch the clients skin so no, don't let it cure and file off. The overexposure damage is already done to the client and the product is potentially contaminated with oils, dust and debris that will lead to lifting. I would push the product back to the centre of the nail, working from side to side to keep it even until it started to cure and not run. Or remove it with my brush, not wiping, ensuring that all of the product is removed from my brush before moving on. Make sure to pull the lateral folds of skin away from the moving product. Better, as @moonails says to inspect your bead on the brush before you lay it down on to the nail, discard if too well (or dry of course)
Hey , that is such a thorough answer , thank you so much this has helped me incredibly thank you , this will help me in practice and paper

Latest posts

Back