Young Nails or CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyB

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which would be the best for me to train with?
I am totally new to all this and can't decide which would be the best to start out with.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

So I work with CND myself so I might not be fair answering in that fact, but I do really love the training and the product range is not to overwhelming so I like their system and their aesthetic when it comes to nails. Ive never trained with Young Nails or tried their product, but they seem very professional and seem to have a great educational system so I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these two brands.

The tip I can tell you to consider is what I talked about a little further back and that’s aesthetics and looking into what the brand teaches you. I went with CND because it’s way of sculpting and creating enhancement matched my way of wanting to work and gave me the skills to make the most of my work. I do think you can use any brand to your aesthetic, but starting out look for the type of nail tech you want to be and what type of techniques beyond the basics you want to work with and that will tell you what training to go for.

Most big brands have such good qualities in their product line and variety of product and application that you can work most of them after you’ve trained the basics, but some have specialty training for certain looks or styles that other don’t and this is where you can get your money’s worth.

I trained with an amazing company 16 years ago when I started out, but did not find my groove until I retrained with CND. Ive worked and used many brands since and tried out their techniques but end up going back to my CND home because their master training and skill building classes suit me.

So the world is yours and I am so exited for you that you start your future path. Give each of them a call and do a lot of research and you will find what works for you. They booth probably have some amazing educators who can guide you on their brand and philosophy.

Good luck [emoji4]

Last edited:
Thank you :) CND appears to be top dog from what I’ve read on here. I’ve searched and managed to locate a place in Birmingham but no classes available which I can attend just yet. There is an academy near by the does Young nails training which I am concidering. Just trying to make sure I pick the correct route to take first time round

Both are well establish, long serving, international brands. I'm a CND trained girl so would lean towards them, plus they regularly win award for their training. That said Greg is incredible, have a watch of their YouTube channel for lots and lots of advice and tutorials. Don't let location drive your decision, good training is rarely local to anyone. It's hard to find so worth the time and effort.

Is it better to train with a nail acadamey where you earn certificates from say Young Nails or is it better to do a VTCT level 3 diploma in nail technology?

From what I've read on here a lot of the college courses are sadly lacking. Mostly taught by beauty therapy tutors who know the nails module, whereas training with the likes of CND and Young Nails is done by nails specific trainers.

Thank you :) that’s very helpful. I can’t wait to start training

Young nails have the best training in the industry. CND has the best product in the industry.

lol, seems like thats always the case.

Probably because you make massive sweeping statements then back track on them later. Changing your mind because you discover new information is fine, we all live and learn, but being so belligerant about every opinion you hold makes it hard to take you seriously.

Young nails have the best training in the industry. CND has the best product in the industry.

I'd have to disagree with this. While I'm not a CND person, even I'd have to concede that CND has amazing training, possibly the best in the industry. CND training is so good that it is actually an excellent foundation for all other training. But ultimately any training is only as good as the product and while I think that CND has great products, they are not necessarily the best or the right match for everyone.

Latest posts

Back