Young Nails Protein Bond - do you use with L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I was recently send a trial kit of Youngs pink and white powder and the lady I spoke to was singing the praises of Protein Bond and threw one of those in as well . . . however, we were talking about l&p, and I see on the Protein Bond bottle it says for use with gel systems. Can someone put me right here, do you use it with l&p as well? If not I wonder why she was so ecstatic about it because it was the l&p I enquired about. . . :confused:

thanks so much xx

yes it fantastic to use with L & P i get no lifting whatsoever with it
its also good during maintenance appointments to hide the fill lines

you can definitely use it with your L&P and even as a base coat prior to polish application
hth

yes it fantastic to use with L & P i get no lifting whatsoever with it
its also good during maintenance appointments to hide the fill lines
Sorry for the question..but i have to ask..if this product gives you no lifting whatsoever, why do you have fill lines?
I understand fill lines are where the lifted product has not been blended away properly?

Thanks for the answers . . . will be giving it a go with l&p.

Melody Jayne I do see your point there!

I have tried this product too when i got a trial kit, i was very impressed i got no lifting with l and p and it i love the smell of it! Dont recommend sniffing it though!:)

its great and can be used with any system, also it is a non acid primer and leaves a slight sticky surface for the gel or acrylic to adhere to. its amazing

Thanks for the answers . . . will be giving it a go with l&p.

Melody Jayne I do see your point there!
i think its a bit contradictary?:confused:

What is L & P?

i think its a bit contradictary?:confused:

How??? I can't see where.

To last poster l&p is liquid ( monomer) and powder ( polymer ) usually refered to as 'acrylics'.

How??? I can't see where.

To last poster l&p is liquid ( monomer) and powder ( polymer ) usually refered to as 'acrylics'.
Do you have to cure the protein bond when using it with gels or acrylics

I was recently send a trial kit of Youngs pink and white powder and the lady I spoke to was singing the praises of Protein Bond and threw one of those in as well . . . however, we were talking about l&p, and I see on the Protein Bond bottle it says for use with gel systems. Can someone put me right here, do you use it with l&p as well? If not I wonder why she was so ecstatic about it because it was the l&p I enquired about. . . :confused:

thanks so much xx

Hi blossom I was curious about getting protein bond instead of what I'm using now, as you've seen in other posts I have issues with lifting, my question is does the protein bond need to be cured after each coat u apply n if u have used it what's your thoughts is it better or same than what your using

Ive watched this video n it doesn't say to cure, but then I watched a video from yn for bitten nail extensions n he did cure the protein bond so I'm confused

Generally PB doesn't require curing, however if you have a client who even with this gets lifting then you can cure it to provide an even stronger bond. I would only do this with extreme lifters though.

Ive watched this video n it doesn't say to cure, but then I watched a video from yn for bitten nail extensions n he did cure the protein bond so I'm confused
I'm pretty sure in one of the young nails videos Greg does say that it doesn't need to be cured, but if you have a problem lifter, curing can help with adhesion, and thus helping with lifting - although I have never used it so I have no idea if this works or not and the difference between curing and not - I'm guessing some sort of chemical reaction must happen when curing it?

Just brought some of this...as I have a client that her gel polish lifts...wanted to know how you all got on with it??? Did it help with lifting??? Would love to know Thankyou x

Just brought some of this...as I have a client that her gel polish lifts...wanted to know how you all got on with it??? Did it help with lifting??? Would love to know Thankyou x

It can make Gel Polish a nightmare to remove, use wisely and only on the nails that lift.

Gel Polish lifting is rare, where does it lift from? If its cuticle have you checked your cuticle removal prep?

I use it for my heavy handed clients who have shellac, works really well, extra 5 minutes soaking for removal

Latest posts

Back