young v creative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi just wondering as any1 tried young nails to creative? they are about the same price and im using young at min but gonna do my creative training and was just wondering if any of u had an opinion??

When you do your creative training and start using the products then you will know the difference! I cant speak for Young, but i know creatives products are great to use.

Hi there
A friend and CND Education Ambassader used this system before moving over to Creative.
I stayed with her and had the opportunity to sample Young Nails..alot of Donna's earlier competition work was with this system.I didn't mind it at all....
This is the hard part....Good Luck with whichever you choose

HtH
XX J XX

Why do want to change?
I really rate Young Nails the product is top notch as I suppose is creative's (i'd say very little diff )
I doubt one is truly better than the other but Creatives training is excellent...................so do you really need to change?

I too have wondered which would be better. I have always used Creative and I love it! But I REALLY would like to try out some of the colored acrylics that Young Nails has. I got inspired by Christies nails and she uses Young Nails.

www.christiesnails.com

Nidia

I would honestly wait untill you have done your Creative Training. You will have to see what works better for you and weigh up everything before you decide. What is easier for me to use & buy. What works for one person doesn't always work for someone else.

I have only used young nails gels, so can't comment on L&P. I have also used Creatives L&P and liked it. I personally use EZ Flow, but Creatives products are very good and their service is good.

Good luck with what you decide.

I have just changed from NSI to young nails and i think its fab far better than the NSI product (in myopinion) but I know what you mean about creative so much good stuff is said about creative on this site that its tempting to try- apparantly you can get a sample acrylic set from them without having to be trained so why not give that a whirl and see what you think of the product.

Nikki.xx

crazysaz said:
hi just wondering as any1 tried young nails to creative? they are about the same price and im using young at min but gonna do my creative training and was just wondering if any of u had an opinion??

I have always used Youngs and I think its absolutely brilliant!! There is plenty of choice both for the L&P and the Gel systems, I would recommend them to anybody. Sorry though, I have never used Creative so could not comment on comparisons.

Youngs customer service is also excellent, nothing seems too much trouble and the staff always take time out to answer any questions you may have.

Hope this helps.

im really happy with young, the main reason i'm wanting to do creative is im thinking join the cuticles franchise! (think il start another thread on this one!) another reason is with creative, you can buy normal manicure and pedicure products plus nail polish etc etc however, guess what i went and done there now - ordered £100 of dream products!!! i really think ive a problem! i cant resist nail stuff!

I purchased the Young Nails sample kits a few weeks ago and I have to say it's now in my TOP 3. Lovely and creamy to work with, excellent colour, low odour, self leveling and reasonably priced too.
(Seriously looking to convert my salon over but it's a big move and will take a while)
I like Creative too, but find it expensive and less profitable than all the other systems on the market to date.
Yes they have a good reputation and training to match but so does Young Nails, its just that they aren't as well known or as widely talked about on this site or in the trade magazines.

Considering Young Nails has only been around for a few years, about 3/4 years (Creative are now in their 15th year) Id say that Young deserves full credit in a market that is saturated with distributors and suppliers of both liquid / powder and gel systems.

Young must be doing something right and I think that apart from good customer service it's the fact that they've such a great product at a more reasonable price and the drive/motivation needed in this stand alone industry.

Oh...and they were the first with the Finish UV Gel that everyone has since tried to copy! (not to mention all the glitters/coloured powders and gels etc)

Just a quick one,

You reckoned that Young was around the same price as Creative.
Not in the UK
30/32 oz large nail liquid 91.00. CND
32 oz large nail liquid 52.00. YN

You should hop over to the UK by ferry and save yourself a few bob. That's nearly two for the price of 1.

Will they have sample kits of Youngs and Creatives l & P at the show ? Or do you have to do the courses first before you can try the products. I know you can only buy creative after you have done the foundation course but what about youngs?

If your asking about the Earls Court show, Im not sure if they're both there.

You should call them to make sure or contact them on www.youngnails.co.uk or www.designernails.co.uk

I purchased my sample kit form Young Nails over the phone - with no request for training certificate or cohersion into doing a training/conversion course.
It arrived next day.

If I move onto Young products THEN I need to supply my training certifcate as proof of training, as with most reputable companies they only supply to professional nail techs although they will accept a training certificate from another recognised company other than their own.

hi frenchy, went to check my price list but ive lost the page with my acrylic stuff!! ive all the rest tho, can u compare some 4 me? neon kit 40, base gel 1 oz 25, elctric drill 375, files 1.5 buy 6 get 1 free. this could be intersting...

its ok, on their website, it wasnt up and running last time i checked. as usual n ireland getting a s****y deal!

Do your Creative training and then make up your mind, I think this is the best thing to do.

Caz xxx

£900 is a lot of money so id need to have my mind made up b4 then!! judging by the tutrials posted here, i think essential nails have covered most of the stuff that creative do and they use a nail trainer. its just a bummer creative don't recognise it. i realise its because u cant prove u did the work but if they even let me show them me doing ma thang then surely this would show them it WAS my work! i dunno, gonna have a long hard think bout it all this week. it depends whether joining cuticles is really worth it!

What is £900? are you talking about a course sorry I am a little lost now LOL!!!!

Caz xxx

crazysaz said:
£900 is a lot of money so id need to have my mind made up b4 then!! judging by the tutrials posted here, i think essential nails have covered most of the stuff that creative do and they use a nail trainer. its just a bummer creative don't recognise it. i realise its because u cant prove u did the work but if they even let me show them me doing ma thang then surely this would show them it WAS my work! i dunno, gonna have a long hard think bout it all this week. it depends whether joining cuticles is really worth it!

hi, the creative academy in dublin does a 2 in 1 foundation in both l&p and gel and it 1220euros which is just under £900!! best about it is theres no nail trainer!!! id love to do it but dont think i need foundation just conversion but its the whole ess nails thing.... u dont have a spare £900 lyin about by any chance...!

Oh Bless no sorry I have not got any spare cast laying around LOL!!!!! If I won the lottery I would treat all us Geeks to some great courses wouldnt that ne great.

I do hope that you get sorted soon.

Carolyn xxx

crazysaz said:
hi, the creative academy in dublin does a 2 in 1 foundation in both l&p and gel and it 1220euros which is just under £900!! best about it is theres no nail trainer!!! id love to do it but dont think i need foundation just conversion but its the whole ess nails thing.... u dont have a spare £900 lyin about by any chance...!

Latest posts

Back