Younique beauty products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point but I'm not selling it in salon as a pro product I'm selling to the general public & if it earns me some extra money then why not. I love make up & if I believe in a product or brand I will stand by it and I did loads of research before deciding on being a presenter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Either way, if you are selling/supplying something your profile should reflect that. It's great that you mention you are a presenter of these products in your post, but it should be on your profile too.

I agree with Squidgernetball and have a deep mistrust of Multi level marketing products, but I suppose as a way to make extra money outwith the salon it is much the same as Avon, so fair enough. If the OP though is looking for products for her business/salon then this is not one to be recommended.

I know it must be a concern that any of your customers could also purchase the kit and become presenters, but surely that would only be a small percentage, and if this is true multi level marketing, signing up new Presenters can actually make you more money? Good luck with it.

Thanks izzidoll. I shall update my profile when I can get on the laptop. Got a few problems with it & use my phone most of the time. The op did not state whether she was looking at it for personal use or salon use just an opinion on it which I have given. And yes if new presenters do sign up then I would go up a level and my %age goes up. But it isn't just a matter of signing up and hoping you sell - you do have to put work in to be successful so its not for everyone. For me its something with a low outlay, therefore low risk that can be done from home which fits perfectly around my existing work & my daughter. I did look into becoming a slimming world consultant bit the outlay is so high its a big risk so this seemed a no brainer.

I was the original post and i just wanted to get some information about it! I have seen it a lot on facebook and just wanted to see what the professions in beauty thought! I was thinking of using it for myself but i am hoping to set up my nail business soon mobile so if i did start selling the product it would be through that! X

My half sister has become a presenter for these products n it does interest me a lot, I saw it as another Avon type deal as soon as she set her page up, it would be interesting to find out more about being a presenter but again if the products are expensive (compared to high street and Avon brands) I know my client base would lose interest. The products do look amazing though and with them being mineral based, cruelty free etc it has desirability.

Thank you. So whatever low outlay you spend to retail these products, your clients can do the same and start retailing them.

My proviso is pro only. Regardless of how great this product is, the fact that it's multi level marketing would put me right off!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you're interested in a mascara like the younique one, but without the MLM, try Cherry Blooms :) its an Australian company that deals with just salons and spas. Its what I retail in my spa and I can't keep it on the shelves.

I've just watched a demo on YouTube and it looks really good, a lot better than that horrible clumpy spiders leg advertising picture going around. I wouldn't mind having a few to see how well they sell x

I've just watched a demo on YouTube and it looks really good, a lot better than that horrible clumpy spiders leg advertising picture going around. I wouldn't mind having a few to see how well they sell x

Yes, it's such a shame they don't have a better advert for it.

The fact it's cruelty free, vegan etc. is surely a real selling point with clients these days and they go and spoil it with a naff fake eyelash 'after' picture.

I am so excited about this product. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I really don't understand the problem with MLM products. Im swearing now but I also use Arbonne skincare. There is a market for MLM and im not sure why people are so threatened by it. Not everyone can get to salons or shops all that easy.cMaybe im missing something. CND sell to S2 to sell to us to sell to our customers. Is there really much difference?

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

The difference is in the professionalism.

If you like it do it. I don't have a problem with it but I personally wouldn't stock a MLM product because anybody can stock it. Any client can set up as a therapist and start selling it.

S2 ask for a certificate. These companies just ask for your money.

They are not pro products. If you go into this with your eyes open, it's a great way to stock a range with a minimum outlay but I would guess that their mark up is considerably lower than what I get for my retail products, so you would pay more per product with less return.

Most professional products want a degree of investment with training etc.

If you like MLM then go ahead. I'm not anti at all, but I do think therapists should be aware of what it is, and what their profit margin would be when retailing these products.

Vicki x

The fact it's cruelty free, vegan etc. is surely a real selling point with clients these days and they go and spoil it with a naff fake eyelash 'after' picture.

Why do you hate this product so much? Have you tried it?

Can you prove that they are fake after pictures? I'm sure Younique themselves would be interested to hear your comments slating them. The after pictures are real. I have seen presenters using the products myself.

I think the point she is trying to make, for a product that has some really good selling points, the picture is dreadful and not doing the product any favors. It just looks like caked on mascara , not a good look. x

I dont understand why this is turning into a rant! I only asked about the products, i know that anybody can sell this product but so can avon? They dont tell us which foundation to pick or which eyeshadow, we do it ourselves!! So what is the difference?
I asked about the product and if anybody had heard of it/used it!

This is not a rant at all.

You asked a question and it has been answered and many geeks - myself included - have made observations about the product and the selling methods.

From what I can make out, no one has used it except for what the company has released as it's not available until October.

I personally think the picture is awful. If that is real or not doesn't interest me. I think her lashes look dreadful and if that's the best promo the company have I wouldn't be sold at all!

Vicki

I have a friend who sells and wears the mascara. Some people ooh and aah because it DOES make them look much longer...but they also look clumpy and thick which personally I really dislike.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've actually got some 3d fibre lash madcara from younique and it is amazing !!! I can't fault it !! All younique products are natural vegan and gluten and cruelty free which sets them apart from other products !

I have to agree that the "after" picture looks terrible - really clumpy and like spider legs. Maybe they just need to update it?

I think the point she is trying to make, for a product that has some really good selling points, the picture is dreadful and not doing the product any favors. It just looks like caked on mascara , not a good look. x

Twice AcidPerm has said that the after photos are fake and they have used false lashes - with absolutely no proof of this. I have photos of a few presenters on my team that have been lucky enough to get the mascara. And you only have to look at YouTube to see the products for yourself. As Emma said she asked a question. It has been answered.

Twice AcidPerm has said that the after photos are fake and they have used false lashes - with absolutely no proof of this. I have photos of a few presenters on my team that have been lucky enough to get the mascara. And you only have to look at YouTube to see the products for yourself. As Emma said she asked a question. It has been answered.

Erm...because I assumed from the after picture you posted, it states 3D fibre lashes all across it and they look very fake....:eek: lol.

image.jpg

Erm...because I assumed from the after picture you posted, it states 3D fibre lashes all across it and they look very fake....:eek: lol.

View attachment 75334

That's the name of the mascara... ?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back