Your every day in-salon work makeup look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassystylist25

Lower paid psychologist
Reaction score
what's yours?
looking for some new long wearing makeup that can stand sweaty 12 hours wear at least!!
sick of looking like a shit bag in the salon lol
i also nearly always find my mascara transfers to my under eyes from looking down all day! any recommendations for a solid transfer proof mascara?
or any products to be honest :D

Not a professional product but the only mascara that lasts on me is Estée Lauder Doublewear. I tried it on recommendation from a friend and wouldn’t go back.

Ive tried a lot of mascaras & the only one I have found so far is one from Beauty Pie.

Not tried the Doublewear mascara though, im intrigued by that as i love their foundation xx

what's yours?
looking for some new long wearing makeup that can stand sweaty 12 hours wear at least!!
sick of looking like a shit bag in the salon lol
i also nearly always find my mascara transfers to my under eyes from looking down all day! any recommendations for a solid transfer proof mascara?
or any products to be honest :D

Yep... happens to me.
No one tells you, and your left oblivious, believing you look 'polished', when in fact you look like 'Mad Baby Jane'! :p
I've taken to wearing a facial oil with my moisturiser, as my old skin is very dry....., but that has definitely made it worse :rolleyes:
My latest 'trick'.... a little mineral powder under the eye's - it works wonders.;)

Estée Lauder double wear foundation is amazing, benefit mascara also mac do a really good one to! [emoji178]

Yep... happens to me.
No one tells you, and your left oblivious, believing you look 'polished', when in fact you look like 'Mad Baby Jane'! :p
I've taken to wearing a facial oil with my moisturiser, as my old skin is very dry....., but that has definitely made it worse :rolleyes:
My latest 'trick'.... a little mineral powder under the eye's - it works wonders.;)

Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals is lovely if your skin is dry - it doesn’t give that flaky, crispy look that others can leave! Their Dream Tint is lovely too, either under the foundation or on its own.

Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals is lovely if your skin is dry - it doesn’t give that flaky, crispy look that others can leave! Their Dream Tint is lovely too, either under the foundation or on its own.

Thank you....I do use liquid minerals, but my skin now needs 'oiling'....:D.
I will try the Dream tint and see how that works.;)

Thank you....I do use liquid minerals, but my skin now needs 'oiling'....:D.
I will try the Dream tint and see how that works.;)

Elemis Marine Cream Ultra Rich might stop the need for oil.

Marks & Spencer's Autograph liquid foundation is very good. They re-formulated a year or so ago and since then I've been very happy with it. Stays in place, gives a thin application with good coverage. On hot days I just re-apply powder at lunch & tea time to keep it looking good for the rest of the day / evening.

Make sure you're setting your makeup :) Esp concealer with a translucent powder, it won't budge!

Thanks Ladies for the tips...will give them a go! ;)

i'm 27, my skin isnt really dry its more combo but i do love me some oils and serums for that extra 'glow'!
i 'bake' my undereyes but it still bloody happens - annoying! have also tried all the above mascaras, i think i'm going to try waterproof next!
do any of you wear light makeup for work, or a decent 'face on'?

Also if your a bit oily or just want a matter look use a primer under your foundation :) xx

Estée Lauder double wear foundation will never let you down - it has insane staying power! x

I wear everything Jane Iredale because we have it in the salon. I apply her B.B. or liquid minerals, cover with her pure pressed base and forget about it. If clients ask if her make up lasts I say “I put this on at 8 this morning” (hoping to god it still looks okay). They usually look suitably impressed. We have had many clients move over from double wear to JI B.B. cream as it’s so much kinder to the skin.

Vic x

The no.7 mascara in the gold tube is the only mascara I've found that doesn't flake :)

As a make up artist and someone who’s tried every mascara known to man I’d recommend mac extended play or Estée Lauder double wear mascara! Both amazing and don’t smudge x

Benefit ‘they’re real’ mascara is brilliant, doesn’t smudge at all. Even if it’s left on overnight [emoji15]

Latest posts

Back