Your favourite book(s)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Thought I'd start this to get some ideas of what to read next, I'd love to hear your suggestions! What books have you read and loved or hated? I've just finished reading The wicked girls by Alex Marwood...if you like crime thrillers then I'd highly recommend it! Xxx

Been reading A Shade Of Vampire; it's brilliant x

I love crime have read a few one I was intrigued by was the ice man!
He was a hit man for the mafia so as you can imagine some parts are quite gruesome x

Apart from my own, I like the romance and contemporary genre. Recently I've enjoyed the 'This man' trilogy, the 'Fixed' trilogy, and am currently reading the 'Annihilate Me' series.

I'm obsessed with Martina Cole

I love Cathy Glass books :) She's a Foster carer and writes about the kids she looks after... they can be very upsetting, but have a positive ending :) I think I can relate to them because I've the same experience as what's in the books :)

I cant read fiction or fantasy.... if their not realistic, I cant connect to the book... don't know if there's anybody else who is like that!

I love girly rom coms, so the likes of Sophie Kinsella, Paige Toon, etc. :) but then again I'll read anything going if it grabs me :) xx

I love all of Sophie Hannah's books (crime/suspense), Gillian Flynn's books (thriller), Nora Roberts in Death Series (crime), Sylvia Day's Crossfire series (sexy books ;) ), Chris Cleaves The Other Hand, JoJo Moyes Me Before You and The Girl You Left Behind, Christina Lauren's Beautiful series (sexy books but funny too) and Marian Keyes (chick lit).

They're my favourite authors, but I read lots and love my crime/thrillers preferably set in England the most. Since having the Kobo app ive spent an obscene amount of money on books ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love all of Sophie Hannah's books (crime/suspense), Gillian Flynn's books (thriller), Nora Roberts in Death Series (crime), Sylvia Day's Crossfire series (sexy books ;) ), Chris Cleaves The Other Hand, JoJo Moyes Me Before You and The Girl You Left Behind, Christina Lauren's Beautiful series (sexy books but funny too) and Marian Keyes (chick lit).

They're my favourite authors, but I read lots and love my crime/thrillers preferably set in England the most. Since having the Kobo app ive spent an obscene amount of money on books ;)

Lol. Every book I was going to recommend. Except Sylvia Day, I struggle with romance/erotic fiction.

I love the Classics too. I am revisiting Anna Karanina and Tess next. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anything by Sophie Kinsella! She writes books that when I read them, I am literally laughing out loud.

My favourite book by Sophie Kinsella is called The Undomestic Goddess. Highly recommend!!

I love Norah Roberts, especially the In Death series, and Sylvia Day. A few other authors I love are Christine Feehan, Roxie Rivera, Tina Folsom and Kathleen Brooks who has the funniest rom com books. The Bluegrass series was brilliant.

I can't read.

Seriously, I wish I had time, but i know i need to make time, I would like to, so this is an interesting thread for me :biggrin:

I like crime books im reading richard castles heatwave at the mo as well as watching the tv show ill av to read norahs books

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

My faves atm are Gillian Flynn and liane moriarty. But if you havnt given the hunger games trilogy a go because you think it's for children then think twice! I couldn't put them down especially the last one tugs are your heart strings and makes you gasp in horror!

I loved the hunger games the girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy is good too

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

1984 george orwell this book should be read its scary xx

Stuart MacBride - All the Ds Logan Macrae ones are brilliant, and it's set in Aberdeen 😁 (Crime Novels - I'm a bit dark)

God I wrote that and forgot to add my other favourites!
Tess Gerritsen
James Patterson
Karin Slaughter
Amaaaazing!

Jacki Collins..
Kitty neal....david pelzer...cookson...marian newman.... too many!
Love reading in bed :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love Cathy Glass books :) She's a Foster carer and writes about the kids she looks after... they can be very upsetting, but have a positive ending :) I think I can relate to them because I've the same experience as what's in the books :)

I cant read fiction or fantasy.... if their not realistic, I cant connect to the book... don't know if there's anybody else who is like that!

I too love Cathy glass! Please don't take my baby had me in tears a couple of times xx

Latest posts

Back