Your favourite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Just want to know which people prefer is it shellac or gelish or another similar

Look forward to hearing your replies :)

Shellac for me, but I use all cnd products! X
As Melly said, I've never used Gelish x

Gelish for me. I love their colors and the ease of the product. I have never used shellac so I can't comment on that product

Shellac for me x

Shellac :) didnt get on with gelish but thats my opinion only!!

I'm going to give EzFlows TruGel a go and see how it fairs to some of the others.

Do we seriously have to have another one of these threads? It really has been done to death, and a wee search would give you the answers without having to go over it all again!

Join the Shellac lovers group, the gelis lovers group and look at the member numbers. Look at what folks are saying and spare the rest of us yet another thread on the subject :Love:

Shellac for my clients, they love it!

Tried Shellac but I prefer Gelish!

SHELLAC :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to most of you with you nice replies I just wanted to see what everyone else thought as I have toying with the idea of changing to gelish for months now.

Thought you could write anything you want on this forum

Thanks to most of you with you nice replies I just wanted to see what everyone else thought as I have toying with the idea of changing to gelish for months now.

Thought you could write anything you want on this forum

When a wee search would have given you the answers? We always ask that a search be done on a topic before posting. No one likes posting the same answers all the time. My answer was not 'not nice' just saying what everyone else is thinking! :D This same question is all over the site hundreds of times as you will se if you search. No need to get in a huff about it! With nearly 200 posts, you should be aware by now that this Q has been asked to death.

I couldnt decide between the two over a year ago and I spent hours and hours researching on here what others thought.

It really is worth doing a search and reading all the posts and then I would go out and find salons in your area which do both and have them applied to yourself and see what you think.

This question has been asked so many times that you wont get loads replies so you are better off reading through all the old posts to get a feel for what people think, good luck with your decision :biggrin:

I've always used Shellac and love it but recently i got a bit bored with the colours so decided to invest in Gelish. The Gelish colours are lovely but i am not impressed with the way it shrinks back from the free edge while your applying it and also it does not last as long as shellac in my opinion. Dry brushing does help with the Gelish shrinking but that just adds another step in the application process.
Shellac seems more luxurious and i consider the depth of colour and shine to be far superior to Gelish.
So my advice would be, SHELLAC all the way!!!!! :) x

If you go to one of the shows you will be able to see & test all the different ones first hand.
Try having a different product on each finger & test for your self, then you will know it is unbiased advice.

Good luck.x

Just want to know which people prefer is it shellac or gelish or another similar

Look forward to hearing your replies :)

I have recently introduced Gelish to my clients and have to say that I am in love with it!! The training was amazing and inspired me tremendously as there is endless design possibilities with Gelish. I looked into Opi Gelcolour and have to say that the colours were not impressive and there wasn't a large selection unlike their polishes which I love. I have also tried shellac but think alot of my younger clients would get bored quickly with the colours.

I have been offering Gelish for a while now and have never had any problems with shrinking or peeling etc, my clients love it too and I would say that they have the best colour selection around, they are now up to 107 colours.
Hth's :)

Latest posts

Back