Your French rebalance price

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have done searches but it seems this is the only way to get a really up-to-date, current idea on what you charge

What I am interested in really is not how much, as this can vary enormously from area to area, but how your French rebalance price compares with your regular rebalance and new set prices.

I'm only asking because I have recently increased the French rebalance price (to reflect the amount of time taken) and in just a week, two of my regulars are talking about "having a break for a while" - it may be coincidence as we are now in the post-Christmas period and finances are probably stretched, but I'm wondering if my prices are now too high :rolleyes: I won't be bringing them down again though . . . I think the French rebalance price should be even higher really as it is harder work than a new set. (I know we've had these discussions before lol)

Edit to add my prices: New Set French (inc nat tips and p&w l&p) £43 French Rebalance £29.50
New Set Natural (inc tips) £38 Reg rebalance £20
New NNO French £38
New NNO Natural £33

Thanks guys

Last edited:
I have done searches but it seems this is the only way to get a really up-to-date, current idea on what you charge

What I am interested in really is not how much, as this can vary enormously from area to area, but how your French rebalance price compares with your regular rebalance and new set prices.

I'm only asking because I have recently increased the French rebalance price (to reflect the amount of time taken) and in just a week, two of my regulars are talking about "having a break for a while" - it may be coincidence as we are now in the post-Christmas period and finances are probably stretched, but I'm wondering if my prices are now too high :rolleyes: I won't be bringing them down again though . . . I think the French rebalance price should be even higher really as it is harder work than a new set. (I know we've had these discussions before lol)

Edit to add my prices: New Set French (inc tips) £43 French Rebalance £29.50
New NNO French £38
New NNO Natural £33

Thanks guys

your french r/b price does seem quite high hunnio.... compared to the nat r/b price imo

personally i charge 28 for my p&w maintenance and £25 for my one colour maintenance

what where you charging before?

Jess
xox

ps.... we rang up our local NSS today and they charged 23 for 'acrylic with free airbrush french design'! new sets and 17 for fills

New Set French (inc tips) £43 French Rebalance £29.50
I agree with Jess, it does seem a bit pricey, especially when compared to the natural prices...

You charge £5 more for French new set compared to a natural set, but £9.50 more for a French rebalance compared to the natural one.

True . . . it was £27.50 before . . . I haven't increased the natural rebalance price. But that's because I figured, presuming a nicely looked after set of nails returning in the allotted time, usually not much if any lifting, I can do the natural rebalance (or infill as some will call it) in 35-40 minutes, whereas the French rebalance (or backfill) takes me 1 hr - 1hr 10, so almost twice the time really,

:confused: Oh dear lol

Sandi, I hadn't looked at it quite like that before but of course you are right . . . however I still think that a rebalance is more work than a new set, you're not applying tips etc obv but the time is taken up with filing out for the smile line and repositioning. I suppose I have tried to consider the time factor, because a new set with tips (natural) takes about 1hr15 and a new set (French) with natural tips and p&w l&p takes about 1hr 30, making a difference of only 15 minutes between the new set times, yet with the rebalances the time difference is greater.

Am I making any sense whatsoever? lol

I charge the same price regardless of if they are natural or french.

Most prefer a 'natural' looking french. Plus either way they take me the same amount of time to do both. My rebalance after 2/3 weeks are £10 less than the initial set. As you say .. its just as much work!

I charge accordingly if they are wanting a simple 'fill' and not wanting their whites rebalanced. This rarely happens though.

I suppose I ought to add that generally I do a French rebalance on alternate appointments therefore the in between ones will be £20,the normal rebalance price

Thanks for your replies :hug:

Any more thoughts are ever so welcome !

True . . . it was £27.50 before . . . I haven't increased the natural rebalance price. But that's because I figured, presuming a nicely looked after set of nails returning in the allotted time, usually not much if any lifting, I can do the natural rebalance (or infill as some will call it) in 35-40 minutes, whereas the French rebalance (or backfill) takes me 1 hr - 1hr 10, so almost twice the time really,

:confused: Oh dear lol

Sandi, I hadn't looked at it quite like that before but of course you are right . . . however I still think that a rebalance is more work than a new set, you're not applying tips etc obv but the time is taken up with filing out for the smile line and repositioning. I suppose I have tried to consider the time factor, because a new set with tips (natural) takes about 1hr15 and a new set (French) with natural tips and p&w l&p takes about 1hr 30, making a difference of only 15 minutes between the new set times, yet with the rebalances the time difference is greater.

Am I making any sense whatsoever? lol

I know that the salon my Mum used to go to was £30.50 for a french re-balance and £25.00 for a one-colour one. It is a good little business that the lady has and she is always very busy. People just accept that that is what it costs....We have had crippling increases in everything else - petrol, diesel, tax, etc. The cost of living has increased in the last 12 months without a doubt.

Also, I am really glad you said that about it being really hard work doing a white and pink re-balance because today I had one with lifting under the apex (so much filing involved) and it took me 2 and a half hours, I was devastated. After today I feel ready to throw the towel in! I made sure I didn't speak that much and I can honestly say (and I am not a beginner) I couldn't have done it any quicker. However they looked like a new set when finished, no nasty fill lines and she was very pleased. I think you are right the pricing should be higher for the P&W, there is so much work involved.

Hey everybody!
I am really surprised about the prices in UK. Here in Finland people quite often charge up to 110 euros (about 83 GBP) for new set on P&W and the re-balance prices start usually from 60 euros (about 45 GBP) and even up to 80 (about 60 GBP).
And people are still going and getting their nails done :)
Greetings...

Hey everybody!
I am really surprised about the prices in UK. Here in Finland people quite often charge up to 110 euros (about 83 GBP) for new set on P&W and the re-balance prices start usually from 60 euros (about 45 GBP) and even up to 80 (about 60 GBP).
Greetings...

think im gonna move....lol

Crikey .. whens the next flight? :lol:

Hey everybody!
Greetings...

count me in....bye everyone.!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i charge 30 for a full set of french then 25 for a rebalance because its like doin a new set again realy!!!!!

Welcome everybody:D
We are in need for good nailtechnicians...though the prices are up to sky the final result is really not good at all. That was the main reason why I started to do nails myself :)
As far as I have surfed through Salon Geeks pages...must say that i am really impressed. So neat and lovely nails you are doing...keep the good work!

Blossom: I think your prices are really ok, you deserve them. When doing good work i doubt that your clients will leave you:)

I charge £30 for a full set and then £18 for a 2 week re-bal and £21 for a 3 week re-bal.

I honestly think my re-bal prices are too cheap, what do you think guys?

Ive done my research, Im not expensive at all compared to other nail techs in my area.

:hug:xxx

I charge £30 for a full set and then £18 for a 2 week re-bal and £21 for a 3 week re-bal.

I honestly think my re-bal prices are too cheap, what do you think guys?

Ive done my research, Im not expensive at all compared to other nail techs in my area.

:hug:xxx

Are you doing the nails in one colour or p&w hayls? it makes a big difference time wise

P&w or Natural are both the same price for me, granted P&W does take a bit longer.
Then if its a glitter french, then my prices start at £30 generally about £35-£40, my re-bal prices stay the same though, I dont find it any more work with glitter or a colour tip.

xx

Latest posts

Back