Your guide to the National Nail Competition at ExCeL in February 05

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've had quite a few calls re the National Nail Competition running alongside Professional Beauty 2005 at London's ExCeL centre in Feb, so thought it was just as easy to post something here.

There is an 'all you need to know guide' appearing in the January issue of PN, but seeing as some of you probably want to get practicing, I thought I'd post detailed info here.

We promised a competition revamp and the exciting news is that at Professional Beauty 05, we are running three nail comps in one - giving bigger cash prizes, better trophies and all-round more recognition for all the hard work you guys put into entering. Hoorah!! So here goes:

THE NATIONAL NAIL COMPETITION
As at the competition at G-Mex last October, we have split the National Nail Competition across two days.

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 27
* Natural nail – manicure
* Tip & Overlay in liquid & powder
* Tip & overlay in UV gel
* Tip & overlay in fibreglass

MONDAY FEBRUARY 28:
* Airbrushed nail Art
* Fantasy nail art
* Freehand nail art
* Free form sculpting
* Novice (for techs who have been doing nails for less than a year and have never entered a competition before - we are getting strict on this rule, so please DO NOT enter this category if you've been doing nails for more than a year!!)
* Photographic (please base your images around the theme of Spring)

ENTRY FORMS
Please call 020 7610 3001 for an entry form.

PRE-REGISTER
Please, please, please pre-register!!!

We are encouraging techs interested in entering to pre-register by sending back the entry form (available on the number above). Not only is it cheaper to pre-register – £20 per category or £15 for the Novice category, instead of £30 on the day – but all pre-registered entrants will also be sent out a Competition Entry Pack. This pack will include a detailed list of the revised rules and regulations as well as your competition number and specific directions to the competition arena. Pre-registered candidates can then be fast-tracked through the registration process so it’s well worth the effort. Please note that the deadline for pre-registration is February 4.

PRIZES
We will honour first, second and third places in each category and will also give everyone who enters a certificate of attendance - vital for those CPD points. Category winners will all receive £300 in cash as well as a new and improved trophy. Second and third places will each receive a certificate.

COMPETITION TECHNICIAN OF THE YEAR
Dedicated technicians have been accumulating points from the National Nail Competitions held at the Professional Nails 2004 (last September) and Professional Beauty North shows (last October) and Professional Beauty 2005 will decide who’s worked hard enough throughout the competition year to be crowned Competition Technician of the Year. Once the National Nail Competition at PB 05 at ExCeL is completed, the technician with the highest accumulation of points from all three competitions will be not only walk away with the prestigious title of Competition Technician of the Year, but will also receive an all-expenses-paid weekend to the nail competition of his/her choice in the US or Europe. We’re also delighted to announce that a gorgeous trophy has been specially commissioned for the winner for that all important mantelpiece or salon shelf statement.

EUROPEAN NAIL CHAMPIONSHIPS
We are inviting entrants from overseas to come and pitch their skills against the best of British in the National Nail Competition at PB 05 and are guaranteeing a top prize to both UK and non-UK residents. In fact, the highest scoring overseas resident at the competition and the highest scoring UK resident will receive prizes, with a top prize of £1,000 and a beautiful, hand-crafted trophy up for grabs.

So, call 020 7610 3001 for an entry form or log on to www.professionalbeauty.co.uk and get practicing!!!

The list of fabby judges will appear in PN Jan, so check it out and enjoy the read.

YOU CAN ALSO PRE-REGISTER FOR TICKETS TO THE SHOW ITSELF BY CALLING 0870 429 4402 or log on to www.professionalbeauty.co.uk. The show will take place from February 27 to March 1.

Phew! Think that's about it.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and any further questions regarding the competitions or the show don't hesitate to call.

Take care
Kat
xxxx

Deputy Ed
Professional Nails

my names debbie watkins, i came 2nd in the sculpting comp last september, but when i got home my scores where added up wrong and i would of got more points. I emailed sheet to several people but no-one could advise me what to do.

It put me off entering competitions, whoever added up the scores, i feel made have jepodised my results.

will this happen again this year?
i really love doing nail comps, and ive had some success, but my skills are not really reconised yet, and i never get in magazines.

would love to be as good as Lisa smith and do london fashion week with the crew!

Latest posts

Back