Your kiddie's name and why you chose it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envynails

Reaction score
Im so interested in this subject lol i love hearing the stories behind what people their babas :).

My son who's 14 months is called Osian (said like Oshan) it means little dear in welsh :) we seen it in the paper when I was pregnant with him and fell in love with it. We loved how different it was :)

I have 5 kiddies.. eldest is Daniel (just because I liked the name), then April (again just because I liked the name), then there's Charlie who's four initials are the same as his dad's football club (!), next is Freddie (after his great grandad) and finally there's Frankie (his great grandads middle name). Have run out of names now so wont be having any more babies!! ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have 5 kiddies.. eldest is Daniel (just because I liked the name), then April (again just because I liked the name), then there's Charlie who's four initials are the same as his dad's football club (!), next is Freddie (after his great grandad) and finally there's Frankie (his great grandads middle name). Have run out of names now so wont be having any more babies!! ;-)

Haha lovely names :) love April :) and charlie is my new born god sons name :). Xx

Mine son is rocco, it's a name I've always loved and it's Italian

I have a son called Sol which means sunshine in latin. Two daughters called Tori & Connie. .. I picked these because I loved them :)

what about the babies i am yet to have?? I have had my baby names picked out since i was 11!! my first girl will hopefully Lily Philippa, as they are my favourite flowers and scents and Philippa is my middle name as my mums maiden name was Phillips, then first boy is Freddie, my grandads name, then second girl would be Victoria Rose, my father in law is called Victor and my fiancee would love to have a 'Vic' somewhere so we came to a deal :) and Rose my great aunt's name and I love Rosie :) then second boy would be Adam, as when my mum was pregnant with me she was told she was having a boy and called me Adam throughout her whole pregnancy until I came out a girl! so I'd like to name my boy if I have one that. :) I do have some more names aswell that I like so these could all be subject to change!! but Lily Philippa especially has been my girls name for about 15 years! Just am yet to have her :)

My Son is Lewis Jenson after my husbands favourite F1 drivers. It was going to be Jenson Christopher (my husbands name) but his family said Jenson was a stupid name and they hated it so it put me of using it.

My Daughter is Tegan Paige. We had a long list of names for her and hadn't decided on her name, so when she was born and the midwife asked her name i came out with Tegan Paige.

I like the name Jensen, the actor from supernatural is called Jensen.

I like the name Jensen, the actor from supernatural is called Jensen.

I love it and so wish i had stuck with it :-(

I have 9 children. 2 girls named Jordanna & Brooklyn, and 7 boys named Cailin (pronounced Kay Lin), Premo (preemo) , Dre, Thierry, Kymani, Pele & Zico. All picked because we love the names. X

3 girls Cayla,Ava & Isla

Just because we liked them and they don't have middle names,

My boys name was Cooper but we never got a boy

I have two boys Jayden Andrew age 5 I couldn't decide on a name he was either George or Harvey & ended up Jayden lol! Bailey Gerald age 20 months nearly called him Alfie I went on holiday whilst I was expecting & saw a lil boy called bailey & loved the name, both middle names after their granddads :)

I have a 5 year old son, Caden Oliver Ivan...and a 3 year old daughter Lilac Ariella Eve.

9yr old girl is Anamaria (my grandmothers' names were Ana and Maria) My second girl is Nikolina (Which is Nicole in English, after my brother Nikola aka Nick) and Baby Boy is Eric because I started watching True Blood when I was pregnant with him and I was infatuated with Eric Northman :D
All kidding aside, my hubby's last name is Reid and there are a cool million Reids out there including his family and out of all the boys Eric wasnt taken!

My eldest is Joshua Karl (1997).
I just loved the names and had no other reason for choosing them but wanted the Karl with a K not a C which is more traditional. He would have been called Ashliegh Marie if a girl.

My second is FFion Marie (2003).
I had gone off Ashleigh (as it became a popular name lol) and I liked the Welsh name Ffion it means Foxglove & I think that suits her, I have often said she is pretty but leathal lol. We couldn't agree on a boys name and then I saw on a scan it was a girl so stopped trying to find a boys name lol.

Met a different bloke and then.....

My third is Amberley Tara (2007).
Amberley was the name of a princess in a book my other half had read and he insisted on it. It was spelt Amberle in the book but I saw there would be issues with people who don't know her pronouncing it wrong (Dr's, new teachers, hospital appointments etc..) so I added the Y to make it obvious. Tara was my little sister who died of cot death when I was 3 so I wanted the name in her memory. She would have been Josef James if a boy.

My youngest is Josef James (2008).
We didn't have a girls name and couldn't agree on anything we liked at all and thankfully at a 4D scan we found out he was a boy (pphhheeewww). James was because it was my grandpa's middle name and it was my other halfs grandpa's name too. Josef was picked because it went with James but we also liked the unusual way of spelling it lol.

Last edited:
My eldest daughter is Charlotte Victoria. Hubby and I cold decide between Katie or Charlotte so asked the midwife and she chose it.

My youngest is Freya. When we decided on it no one in his family had heard of it and they didn't like it but hubby and I loved it. My family in Australia hadnt heard of it either but were more supportive. I came across it from reading Freya North novels and when we looked up the meaning "Norse Goddess of Love" we just thought: Yes!

We were going to call her Jennifer to keep everyone happy but I'm glad I stuck to my guns. She is Freya Jennifer.

Now Freya's are ten a penny :sad:

I don't have any children yet, but names I'd like them to be called are:
Boy: Nick, Alfie or Charlie.
Girl: Jess, Holly

My oldest is Jae (wish I had spelt it Jay but I wanted it to be different) then we have Poppy - I just loved that name for a girl. And my third is Esme (es-mee) I adored that name throughout all pregnancies but hubby hated it. Esme was my surprise baby. My husband didnt want anymore, so he agreed to call her what ever I wanted. She was the apple if his eye the moment she was born.

If I had any more I'd like to call a boy Ronnie - my dad is called roger but his nickname is Ronnie, his dad was called Ronald and my dad got his nickname from his dads nickname. It would be a tribute to both of them.

A girl would be Rosina Belle

Rosina was my Nans name and belle after Bella from twilight. I also like the names Mable, Beatrice, Charles, Arthur,

Jemima :)

I have two little girls my oldest is called Lyla which means lily of the night . We didn't want it to shortened and it rolls of the tongue. Pretty and a strong name.
My youngest is called Skye which for some reason means cloud same reason really
Beautiful names for my beautiful girls :)

Sent from my VS TOUCHTAB 7DC V using SalonGeek mobile app

Lovely names x

My little girl of three is called charlie, not charlotte just charlie! We had so much abuse off strangers for giving her this name, because its apparently a boys name & there are so many lovely girls names out there blah blah!!
My husband came up with it when we had the talk on our third date about how many kids we each wanted etc and i liked it. He begged me for kids for years and he would always refer to a baby charlie, and when i was pregnant we called the bump baby charlie so i had to go with it because she has always been charlie. I have the say next time if there is a next time! I like gabriel or isabella, hopefully i will have another girl!

Latest posts

Back