Your little foibles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The food thing... I'm terrible. I have to have things on my plate in a certain way. Meat/fish closest to me, chips on the left and veg at the top.

I'm a bit ocd about where things are. I get agitated if people try to help because they will probably do it wrong.

When doing manis/pedis I start on the right hand/foot first every time.

Same here with the manis and pedis. Always has to be right foot/hand first.

I do that, I the bit I like least first and save the best bit until last. I also have to sort foods like smarties/skittles into colour groups and eat in colour order x

���� Keep calm and make 'em Gelish ����

I do the Skittles colour groups too. Cant eat the purple ones.

If you eat the least favourite food first, then you might be full up before you get to the nice food. That doesn't make sense.

Same here with the manis and pedis. Always has to be right foot/hand first.

I do right hand pinkie to thumb and then left hand pinkie to thumb. So many people give me the thumb on their left hand because they think I am just going from left to right.

If you eat the least favourite food first, then you might be full up before you get to the nice food. That doesn't make sense.

And that is quite seriously why I am so fat :sad:

as a child I had to eat everything on my plate, to do so I had to force down to stuff I hated first and the nice was my reward. Sadly I have a seriously bad relationship with food

And that is quite seriously why I am so fat :sad:

as a child I had to eat everything on my plate, to do so I had to force down to stuff I hated first and the nice was my reward. Sadly I have a seriously bad relationship with food

It's one of the things we tackled at the LighterLife counselling group. So many things we were taught were wrong and we have to re learn these things if we want a good relationship with food.

I don't like waste, so I consciously have to stop myself eating before the plate is empty.

Times have changed, we need to adapt too.

I do right hand pinkie to thumb and then left hand pinkie to thumb. So many people give me the thumb on their left hand because they think I am just going from left to right.

I am a pinkies first tech too!
I have had an influx of new clients from a local tech who has recently given up her business and recommended me....but she was obviously a thumbs first tech.

I'm sure they will soon get used to it, and I won't have to keep saying...pinky please!

I have always colour coordinated my sweets, from Opal Fruits to Skittles I always leave the red and purple ones until last.

I am a pinkies first tech too!
I have had an influx of new clients from a local tech who has recently given up her business and recommended me....but she was obviously a thumbs first tech.

I'm sure they will soon get used to it, and I won't have to keep saying...pinky please!

I have always colour coordinated my sweets, from Opal Fruits to Skittles I always leave the red and purple ones until last.

I have wrestled many a client before having to tell them I have to paint pinkies first! Their left hand first? With toes though, I do right foot first, big toe then pinkie across to the second toe, then left foot big toe straight across to the second toe and across to the pinkie toe. I wish I knew why I did this!!

I think I check my bag about 5 times before I leave. The door to my flat locks on its own once closed so I get paranoid I'll be locked out with no phone and no money. So it's always "keys... Phone... Wallet." (Shove a bunch of other things in the bag. Check again "keys... Phone... Wallet." Put shoes one. Check again...

I do the skittles thing too and I give the purples to the kids as I don't like them :)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

You lot are all crazed, I used to do the pegs and food thing but I have mellowed with age. Can't be bothered with unimportant things now. Although I wish I was a tidy freak as my house is always a mess 😔 xx

I'm always writing lists! I need lists of bills, money and shopping ect! They are always lying around my kitchen x

I have to clean my teeth BEFORE breakfast, I'm told that's weird :(

No... Its not! I do that too!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Reading through all your foibles I was beginning to feel very lazy lol until I just loaded my dishwasher and realised that i always have to stack things in a very particular order - plates have to be place in descending size order, can't have little ones mixed in with big ones lol Cups go in order too and if possible the cutlery tray areas can only have one of each item of cutlery together, can't gave 2 forks next to each other etc
Am I mad?? Lol

No... Its not! I do that too!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

The first thing I do when I wake up is shower and brush teeth. Breakfast could be a long way off. I'm not hanging around with morning breath and furry teeth thank you.

The first thing I do when I wake up is shower and brush teeth. Breakfast could be a long way off. I'm not hanging around with morning breath and furry teeth thank you.

So pleased that others do this :)

Reading through all your foibles I was beginning to feel very lazy lol until I just loaded my dishwasher and realised that i always have to stack things in a very particular order - plates have to be place in descending size order, can't have little ones mixed in with big ones lol Cups go in order too and if possible the cutlery tray areas can only have one of each item of cutlery together, can't gave 2 forks next to each other etc
Am I mad?? Lol

Me too! Big plates, smaller ones, then side played. All the forks together; knives and spoons too.

I do the peg's thing too. My washing is always hung out or put on the airer in the same order aswell. Underwear, socks etc on the inside of the line or bottom shelves of airer. Then on to tops etc finishing off with trousers, skirts cardigans etc. Used to drive me mad when the OH decided to help me out. I'd redo it, he doesn't help me now!! I'm the same when washing up too. Everything's done in a certain order and put in a certain place on the draining board.

Same when I'm ironing and putting clothes away in drawers or the wardrobes, it's all in type of clothes and colour order. Everyone thinks I'm mad but I know where everything is. If it's done wrong I have to sort if out.

Ok I'm officially a nut job!!

Steph xx

Agreed! I do that too!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sing everything. All the time.

Latest posts

Back