Your little foibles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I just can't leave the house without making the bed properly....even now I'm running late for work (due to early morning geeking) but I have to make the bed!

I check I've set my alarm 5 times before going to bed, always have done and don't know why or when it started.
I also tuck my daughters into bed in a particular order. On the very rare occasion I'm out or they're having a sleepover somewhere it throws me out of sync

Strange creatures aren't we?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to Hoover before I go away for weekend to my OHs and don't like people wearing shoes on my hoovered carpet! My oh thinks I'm mad! Xx

When I peg out the washing, the pegs must match! I have black, silver and white pegs and they need to be in matching colour pegs. If they aren't (such as when my mum does it to help), it bothers me so much, you can find me out there at 10pm repegging washing. 😂

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

I'm also a peg sorter :lol: i have to have them in colour order, refuse to use 2 different colours together aswell. I also have to have any written lists wrote out without any scribbles. If i wrote a page long letter & made a mistake towards the end, i would rewrite the whole thing again cos it would bug me

I'm not a keen driver. When going to work in the morning I had to swish the wipers 5 times before I drove off. I did it for ages before I told myself it was mad and stopped!

I'm an absolute neat freak.

I can't go out or go to bed with so much as leaving a teaspoon in the sink. Towels straight, tins to the front, no untidy papers, everything in its place. Friends and family say my home looks like a show home LOL.

Scary for some, but quite normal for me :green:

When my little boy was a baby, I couldn't possibly sleep if his pushchair was folded down, it had to be up correctly and ready to go.
I can not sleep if I know somewhere is messy, or they is dishes in the sink too be washed, I would rather stay up and wash them.
Before I go too bed, I brush my teeth, rinse my hands with hot water, apply hand wash, rinse with cold, then with hot.
The bed needs to be made everyday, even if I don't have time, beds are made and blinds to be open, with a small window open to get some fresh air in.
In my food cupboard, tins are not too be stacked, ever.
Water filter must remain full ALWAYS, after it's used, I expect it too be filled up again, even if just a little bit has been used.

Hmmmm reading back, I'm weirder then I thought 😐

Last edited:
I'm also a peg sorter :lol: i have to have them in colour order, refuse to use 2 different colours together aswell. I also have to have any written lists wrote out without any scribbles. If i wrote a page long letter & made a mistake towards the end, i would rewrite the whole thing again cos it would bug me

I do this; have to re write of I've made a mistake!

I'm not alone then!

Gosh the clothes peg thing. Mine have to be colour coordinated, and my washing has to be hung out a certain way!

I eat my dinner in a certain order, least liked items gets eaten first, finishing on my most liked item. That way I am left with my favourite flavour last. I cannot put two different foods on my fork either.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not alone then!

Gosh the clothes peg thing. Mine have to be colour coordinated, and my washing has to be hung out a certain way!

Mine too. On top of colour co-ordinating my pegs, i also have to hang my washing in trousers on the left, then any shorts, tshirts, then underwear on the end. Thanks for starting this thread i never realised how weird i was with things like thag until now :lol:

Lol! I am glad it is not just me that has to organise the pegs!! I will show my mother this conversation as proof I'm not the only crazy person who has a thing about pegs!! 😂

A properly hung out washing is a work of Art :lol:

Lila22 I used to think my sister was mad hoovering her way to the door before a holiday, but now I do it too.
Nothing nicer than coming home to a nice tidy house!

I'm an absolute neat freak.

I can't go out or go to bed with so much as leaving a teaspoon in the sink. Towels straight, tins to the front, no untidy papers, everything in its place. Friends and family say my home looks like a show home LOL.

Scary for some, but quite normal for me :green:

You need to come and sort my house out 👍😆

I must make my sofas at least 10 times a day, I can't stand them being all skew wif, I always do that before bed else I can't stop thinking about it! Beds and curtains must be done everyday as soon as I'm up, I also can't pack for a holiday until the hour before we go just incase I need anything! I also clean the house from top to bottom before I go away and bleach has to be left in the toilet :D. I also set loads of alarms for the morning and check I turned them on twice before falling asleep even tho I know they are on.

I eat my dinner in a certain order, least liked items gets eaten first, finishing on my most liked item. That way I am left with my favourite flavour last. I cannot put two different foods on my fork either.

Oh my god I do this too!! My entire family think I'm mental!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

A properly hung out washing is a work of Art :lol:

Lila22 I used to think my sister was mad hoovering her way to the door before a holiday, but now I do it too.
Nothing nicer than coming home to a nice tidy house!

I wouldn't care but the minute I get back it needs doing again as fresh foot marks 😱drives me mad xx

I do that, I the bit I like least first and save the best bit until last. I also have to sort foods like smarties/skittles into colour groups and eat in colour order x

The food thing... I'm terrible. I have to have things on my plate in a certain way. Meat/fish closest to me, chips on the left and veg at the top.

I'm a bit ocd about where things are. I get agitated if people try to help because they will probably do it wrong.

When doing manis/pedis I start on the right hand/foot first every time.

Latest posts

Back