your manicure procedure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpq

Reaction score
okay yes its another post by me!
im asking so many questions because im going for a job that i really want
il have to carry out a full manicure, dark paint, then french polish
and i want to make sure i look as proffessional as possible
i will tell you the way i was taught at college.

remove polish
on one hand
file nails
apply buffing paste and buff with a chamois nail buffer (im thinking of using a block instead)
apply cuticle massage cream
soak hand
repeat on other hand
apply cuticle removing cream
push back cuticles with hoofstick
use cuticle knife and nippers
repeat on other hand
massage one hand at a time
squeek nails with polish remover
apply base coat
2 coats of polish and top coat.

how do you do it?
also when doing a french manicure
do you put on the white polish before the pink or vice versa?

sorry for all the questions
thaanks!:)

Your manicure procedure sounds fine to me. There has been a lot of debate about whether to nip cuticles or not so maybe it would be worth a look at some of the threads on here about that. Remember to ask your client what look she prefers before you even start the french so that you know when to apply the pink as some will like their whites really prominent and others prefer a more subtle look. I'm sure your interviewer will be pleased that you are taking the clients needs in to account.

Good Luck!!

I do it the same way. I use jessica french polish and that is a layer of pink, then white then another pink.I have cuiticle oil, when do I use that?

Alison

Ive never used cuticle oil, when would you use that?
would just pushing back the cuticles be enough then?
thanks!

There are a lot of different ways to provide a manicure especially depending on the system that you use. In the nailbar that I worked in we were taught to apply cuticle oil when pushing back the cuticle, squeek clean after massage and before applying polish and then apply again after polish. At home, I apply oil after polish.

I thought it could be used with the massage, I then go on to use a masque with my manuicure, I thought it would be nice under the masque.I also have manicuere scrub, at which stage should I use that. I trained over 16 years ago and had 3 kids since, my menory just isn't what it used to be LOL

Al

I thought it could be used with the massage, I then go on to use a masque with my manuicure, I thought it would be nice under the masque.I also have manicuere scrub, at which stage should I use that. I trained over 16 years ago and had 3 kids since, my menory just isn't what it used to be LOL

Al

I have never used a masque but we used manicure scrub prior to the soak. Did they provide you with any guidelines for the system that you are currently using or do they have a website?

No, its a chemical free, organic range, will give them a call.

Thanks
Al

this post has drifted of in a different direction than expected..!

Latest posts

Back