Your nail nemesis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
What is your nail nemesis?

What do you feel challenged by ?

What fills you with dread when a client asks for it?

Do you try and get that monkey off your back or do you try and avoid it altogether?

This week I am going to break through my 'wall' which is applying tips. I have a mental block with them , but I have a drawer full of them and am making a conscious decision to streamline my stock....

I hope I have my EUREKA moment with them this time!

What will you challenge yourself with this week?

So funny Rinn! I hate tips! I always feel like I'm going to get an air bubble and I hate blending so I end up feeling stressed! It always ends up fine when I have to use them but I really like to avoid using them.

My other nemesis is just worrying so much about timing when doing enhancements. I am not fast and don't think I ever will be all that fast! I'm too picky but because of that I'm always (in the back of my mind) panicking about my timing. I'd like to get to at least 1.5 hrs for a full set with Gelish on top. Right now I'm about 2 hrs so that is definitely something I want to conquer.

Shellac French manicure. I swear I can hear the bottle of Cream Puff laugh when I pick it up. :( My poor sister in-law has been having nothing but a Shellac French manicure for weeks. I am doing my Master Painter in August so she has no other choice. I almost have it down. I will not let it beat me!!!!

L&p - never seem to get enough practice and the odd set I do takes me a good hour & 45 minutes to two hours and I still rarely have a set come back without lifting. It's a skill I really want to master but it seems pointless paying for more training when I only get asked for them once in a blue moon. But would I naturally gain more clients if I were more confident and could push them more? I talk myself round in circles about it all the time lol !

L&p smile lines! Have been putting it off for a while so really need to get back into practicing! Also l&p timings, if I have all the time in the world I can produce a set I'm happy with but when your pushed for time in the salon I get too flustered and stressed! Also acrylic removals from another salon just fills me with dread! Really need to man up a bit! Lol

Oh gosh product removal from another nail technician.

I ask the client "but are you definitely, 100% positively SURE it was CND Shellac?" about 10 times prior to removal just to make sure that is!

Or the "oh yeah, it was definitely gel. They mixed a power and liquid together"...then it sets like a bloody cast iron overlay!!!!

Oh gosh...I need a lay down...just thinking about it stresses me out!

I think I'm the same as you Shannon, I get in a panic about timings, and I'm only part time with nails right now, but everything in progress. The other thing is filing out my own nails, drives me crazy, always critical of them, never happy, but that's the perfectionist in me lol. X

MINX! I'm either awesome.... OR HORRIBLE. No in between. But I tackle it like a pro every time and try to learn from my mistakes.

L&p frightens me. I hate it. BUT as soon as I can do my training thru CND, that will be solved :)

Oh and don't forget FUZZIES. These aren't a service of course but are my arch enemy!! I have yet to find a nail wipe that doesn't produce these. ::sigh::

Oh gosh product removal from another nail technician.

I ask the client "but are you definitely, 100% positively SURE it was CND Shellac?" about 10 times prior to removal just to make sure that is!

Or the "oh yeah, it was definitely gel. They mixed a power and liquid together"...then it sets like a bloody cast iron overlay!!!!

Oh gosh...I need a lay down...just thinking about it stresses me out!

I feel your pain! It took me an hour to remove a product one time.

I'm only new to enhancements but tips stress me out ! :evil:

Bio sculpture french sculpted enhancements!!! The salon where i work offer them & i hate doing them because they take so long to do, don't last and are a waste of money! I have got the manager to get acrylic in for extensions. I know some techs like bio extensions but i don't think they are strong enough and you have to sculpt the tip, cure, file into shape then do the french because there is no white sculpting gel, that i know of!? So it takes me ages to do it, longer than p&w sculpted acrylics, and i hate letting a client out the door when i don't have full confidence that they are going to last!! We are fazing out bio though in favour of shellac (thank you cnd)

Bio sculpture french sculpted enhancements!!! The salon where i work offer them & i hate doing them because they take so long to do, don't last and are a waste of money! I have got the manager to get acrylic in for extensions. I know some techs like bio extensions but i don't think they are strong enough and you have to sculpt the tip, cure, file into shape then do the french because there is no white sculpting gel, that i know of!? So it takes me ages to do it, longer than p&w sculpted acrylics, and i hate letting a client out the door when i don't have full confidence that they are going to last!! We are fazing out bio though in favour of shellac (thank you cnd)

Sent have to say thid is also my nemesis! ! Fills me with dread when smeone books in x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sent have to say thid is also my nemesis! ! Fills me with dread when smeone books in x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

And mine!!

Total nightmare, they take SUCH a long time to do, free edge gel runs all over the show and they just aren't strong enough. I've just been on the Brisa Lite build it class and I have to say, it is such a nicer product to build with and stronger too.

My current nemesis is sculpting and form fitting. I will produce a perfect set of sculpts in 1hr 30 by the end of this year if it kills me!

My current nemesis is sculpting and form fitting. I will produce a perfect set of sculpts in 1hr 30 by the end of this year if it kills me!

This is my aim too! Just can't seem to break that hour and 45 barrier!

Mine is french rebalancing other peoples work... I hate it and I am doing much more lately.
I just do a much better job when Im working on a set of my own.

My nemesis is Enhancements so I will be doing the Brisa Lite Build It and then practicing like mad! And french polish...which I am going to practice like mad!

Acrylics! The fumes give me a migraine so I can't do them =( so frustrating as I am trained to do them!

Mine is l&p sculpting and fitting forms! I will practise like mad and get it perfect if it kills me! :)

Acrylics! The fumes give me a migraine so I can't do them =( so frustrating as I am trained to do them!

It is easy to avoid vapour and odours if you just employ some technique to avoid doing the things that cause it.
Wiping your brush on a paper towel ... do not do it; it is the number one cause of vapours (we do not make fumes).

Latest posts

Back