Your opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So I did my second set of gels today and im just wanting your opinions/feedback on them if possible?

I would apresiate it if you could let me know how to improve them :)

I know there is alot needs to be improved, so dont worry about offending/upsetting

All feedback welcome! Thankyou! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3314[1].jpg
    IMG_3314[1].jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 293
Hi, I think you need to go right back to the start and look at tip application. Where did you do your training?

Hi, I think you need to go right back to the start and look at tip application. Where did you do your training?
Thanx for the reply, I trained at a local college, and I wont lie the training wasn't the best. And the tip application is wrong, I can see that myself lol! Its not applied far enough down and as you can see their is quite an ovbious gap between the natural nail and the c curve of the tip :) the person I was doing them was fully aware if wasn't the best etc xx

Hi Hun, I agree, the tip application is a little "Shaky". Remember you have to shape the free edge of the natural nail to fit the well of the tip. Also it looks like your blending needs a little more practice. On the upside it doesn't look like you have created a set of Egyptian hats ( you know Duck feet shaped) nails so good work on that for a second attempt. Keep practicing and as I am sure you are aware of there are some fabulous tutorials on here for blending etc. Let us see your next attempt.

Your client can always put some fabulous nail varnish on to cover the smile line hths

Hi Hun, I agree, the tip application is a little "Shaky". Remember you have to shape the free edge of the natural nail to fit the well of the tip. Also it looks like your blending needs a little more practice. On the upside it doesn't look like you have created a set of Egyptian hats ( you know Duck feet shaped) nails so good work on that for a second attempt. Keep practicing and as I am sure you are aware of there are some fabulous tutorials on here for blending etc. Let us see your next attempt.

Your client can always put some fabulous nail varnish on to cover the smile line hths
Thankyou! Thats really helpfull! And yeah, blending has been a problem for me, it wasnt really coverd that much at college! Iv been trying to practice what I was taught best I can, I dont want to be one of those people who does nails, but doesnt do them right kind of thing! :)

And thankyou! I just wanted feedback on howto make them better really! :) Thanx again for your reply! :)

p.s i did that for her! Lol! I just took the picture for feedback before I coloured them! Shes pretty happy with them, but doesnt have a clue about nails! Haha!
xxx

Pro impressions do wonderful well less tips that need virtually no blending. Or CND velocity tips are a half well tip that blend like butter. Start gently blending the tip before applying to the nail it speeds things up and helps to prevent natural nail damage.

Don't worry my college course didn't even show us how to blend a half well tip. They told us just to stick them on. :eek:

Well done for the shape tho xxxxxxx

There is a tutorial on tip blending here on Salon geek that may help you. It is taken from the book 'nailclass' written by me and is full of the techniques for how to make beautiful nails safely and efficiently. Have a read and if you like it there are lots more in the book available from Disinfectants & hygiene products to prevent spread of disease. - mundo professional - for a healthy environment. It is worth practising at first with the book by your side, rather than 'blind' with limited knowledge and skills yet. Hope it helps.

Pro impressions do wonderful well less tips that need virtually no blending. Or CND velocity tips are a half well tip that blend like butter. Start gently blending the tip before applying to the nail it speeds things up and helps to prevent natural nail damage.

Don't worry my college course didn't even show us how to blend a half well tip. They told us just to stick them on. :eek:

Well done for the shape tho xxxxxxx
Thanx lovely :)
Its just going to be a practice, practice practice! :)
I just wanted to know where I was going wrong! Thanx again! Xx

There is a tutorial on tip blending here on Salon geek that may help you. It is taken from the book 'nailclass' written by me and is full of the techniques for how to make beautiful nails safely and efficiently. Have a read and if you like it there are lots more in the book available from Disinfectants & hygiene products to prevent spread of disease. - mundo professional - for a healthy environment. It is worth practising at first with the book by your side, rather than 'blind' with limited knowledge and skills yet. Hope it helps.
Thanx Geek! I have your book now! I bought it the other day after researching how to blend them, heard it excellent! :)

Latest posts

Back