Your Opinions please ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue

Reaction score
In a british paper I have recently read this extract from a beauty page -

Continually covering what nature provided with extensions on a regular basis can be bad news.

Repeatedly depriving your nails of oxygen can be detrimental. They go soft, split and crack. And if you wear falsies for a year or so continuously you could end up with a fungal infection.

Be careful of techies who want to file your nail plates so that extentions will adhere better.

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS EXTRACT? I WAS ACTUALLY TAUGHT TO FILE THE ACTUAL NAIL PLATE TO MAKE ADHERANCE BETTER.

WHAT WOULD YOUR REACTION BE TO CLIENTS WHO POINTED OUT THIS EXTRACT - ESPECIALLY THE BIT ABOUT OXYGEN AND NAILS?

Love
Sue
xxx

Don't stress sue... It’s a load of crap.

In 10 years, I have never had to give mouth to nail resuscitation.

The nail plate is keratin... essentially dead protein. Covering it is actually recommended by many dermatologists now a days as it protects your plates from every day wear and tear.

You should be careful when filing the plate for prep. You should only ever remove the shine... any more and you will cause damage.

nJoy

L :D L hahahaha "It’s a load of crap"

sorry that made me chuckle! so blunt and ttp!!! ;)

xxlaylaxx

Sue said:
Continually covering what nature provided with extensions on a regular basis can be bad news.

Repeatedly depriving your nails of oxygen can be detrimental. They go soft, split and crack. And if you wear falsies for a year or so continuously you could end up with a fungal infection.

Be careful of techies who want to file your nail plates so that extentions will adhere better.

Nails receive oxygen internally from the blood in our circulatory system. They do not "breathe" the oxygen from the air through the nail plate.

Having a true fungal infection on the fingernail is highly unlikely. It is more likely that it is a yeast or bacterial infection. If one is experiencing onycholysis, seperation of the nail plate from the nail bed, then it is most commonly for reasons other than a fungal infection. Fungal infections are more common on the toenails and feet.

It is necessary to file the nail plate when applying artificial nails to remove the shine. You should file in the same direction of the nail growth, vertically from the cuticle to free edge. Use only a 180grit file or preferably a 240 grit. By doing this you are only removing a tiny percentage of nail plate layers which causes no permanent damage.

There is more than one reason as to why one would have soft, splitting, cracking nails. Not just the fact that artificial nails have been applied in the past or at the present time.

Leigh Ann

LOL Mouth to nail resusitation..now that was funny! :rofl: IMHO the article was just another way nail enhancements get a bad rep because of bad techs doing a bad job! Arhum...ok too many bads in there but ya get my drift. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back