Your Own Nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit of a mix and match girlie really...... Did a full set a few weeks ago - pink glitter tips - couldn't be bothered rebalancing them so removed them (in true Vetty style!)..... So, have had naked nails for a couple of weeks.

Then, I start playing this morning and now have my left hand sporting a different style nail on each finger :o - from a short square black french to a very long pointy glitter stiletto!!! In fact it's so long I can't wear my gloves, lol!!!!

All I can say is ... that after 25 years doing nails YOU'LL ALL GET OVER IT!! :lol:

I do as little to my nails as possible ... can't be bothered to mess around with them at all ... even re balancing them is a chore and I do them in only 30 minutes using PopIts!! If I could find a way to do them in 5 minutes I would!!

I agree, I find doing my own nails a chore too, I leave them for about a month or longer, then when they look totally out of kelter I do something with them.
I cheat too & use a masking pink in zone 2 so I can last as long as possible before redoing them!
I have no problems doing my clients nails obviously, just my own.
We all should get together once a month and have a rebalance - a -thon!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just thought I'd mention it, I'm probably finding it a chore because I spend all day 'doing' nails & when it's my time off, I want just that - time off!

i cant be without my nail enhancements (tips and overlay) tried keeping my own but couldnt.....i have pink and whites on at the mo and sometimes will put cnd's voodoo over them if i fancy a change....i tend to put a new set on then rebalance and rebalance until my natural nails are the same length as my overlay..then i start again.
i have after a few years sussed application on myself using my wrong hand so i get no lifting at all and i dont have the ridge in zone 3 as it grows out so i can go a good few weeks now without touching them

I agree, I find doing my own nails a chore too, I leave them for about a month or longer, then when they look totally out of kelter I do something with them.
I cheat too & use a masking pink in zone 2 so I can last as long as possible before redoing them!
I have no problems doing my clients nails obviously, just my own.
We all should get together once a month and have a rebalance - a -thon!:lol:

Great idea! However there is one little problem for me! 1000 miles to be exact!

I'm sure we'd all be quite happy to come to Spain and do it!!! :lol:

Then, I start playing this morning and now have my left hand sporting a different style nail on each finger :o - from a short square black french to a very long pointy glitter stiletto!!! In fact it's so long I can't wear my gloves, lol!!!!

I've just uploaded a quick pic of the hand I did this morning..... I hate the middle finger - wrong choice to put glitter on the nail bed! The smile line on the pinkie is off - hand at the wrong angle! The ring finger looks better in real life, lol! None are perfect (lines of light are way off too!), but here they are if you want a peek......

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7616

Btw Bev, lovin' the rebalance-a-thon idea :):idea:

I'm really a nail biter at heart. Once a biter always a biter I say, BUT when I am wearing enhancements I never bite them.

I used to be the same but when I started massage the enhancements had to go. Therefore, the nail biting began again.

However, I was in hospital last year and nearly died. No seeing white lights, becoming instantly clairvoyant, seeing angels etc for me - my one big life change: I've stopped chewing my nails. After 30 years I instantly stopped. Weird, I know.

Now I have them mega short (like 1ml in length) and have to cut them once a week but I still polish them. Currently they're red with pink and blue glitter.

I have nothing- at all. Not allowed for college (boo hoo). I usually do wear fairly long nails naturally but now have to keep them short. I hate it. Cant wait to be able to do them again. I just got the urge to do a polish but then remembered it's college tomorrow. Oh well, good excuse to be lazy. Lol x

I don't wear enhancements.

When I go to trade shows or nail classes, I try to put a set on.
I try to get regular manicures, but that doesn't usually pan out.

Naked nails here.

Latest posts

Back