Your Own Nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944-nails

Reaction score
Just interested how you wear your own nails.

I'm always changing colour and doing nail art but never ever wear tips! Always use Bio Sculpture on my own currently they're purple (Bio - 2018 for anyone interested!)

Like you, I tend to change a lot. But at the moment, I have them very short, just at the top of my finger with gold glitter at the tip, and black flicks going up the nail in different directions.

I sculpt my own, and at the moment are just natural and quite short (for me!!) with a coat of northern lights, you cant beat it!!

I'm always changing colour and doing nail art but never ever wear tips! Always use Bio Sculpture on my own currently they're purple (Bio - 2018 for anyone interested!)

I'm really a nail biter at heart. Once a biter always a biter I say, BUT when I am wearing enhancements I never bite them.

I always start out with a nice set of tips and then grow my nails out until I just have a natural nail overlay. I go on like this for months and then usually something happens like I don't rebalance them for 5 weeks and then I start to pick. At this stage I usually start all over again.

I now do my own nails using PopIts and a special technique I have developed and I never have a spot of bother with them. I wear them painted with good old CND SPIKE ... still a great colour. I am not at ALL into nail art of any kind on myself. In summer I go naturelle!!

At the moment I have a NNO on medium nails with Hyde in the Dark CND enamel over the top! Look lush aswell!

Toes are Hyde in the Dark aswell, with a smattering of tiny diamontes around the cuticle area! Always gotta be matching! :eek:

This is what mine look like at the moment, bottom of post......I doodled a cartoon of my wire fox terrier on my thumb last friday, trying to kill a bit of time before my doctors appointment. I could of done some hoovering & dusting, but no!
and this is what they looked like 15 days ago!

Attachments

• purple & green glitter 15 days growth.JPG
    purple & green glitter 15 days growth.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 197
I have mine sculpted L&P short (just past the finger tip) and oval, painted with and the winner is...jessica polish which is a gorgeous red with gold glimmer through it.

I have classic red gel polish from Akzentz on with random white hearts all over them, they are short, just a bit of f/e.

OOHHH my secrets out now LOL - I too used to be a biter, and I have only had about a months break in wearing enhancements in the past 12 months. I am so ADDICTED - LOL
Sometimes I wear tips, until my NN grows out, I like the look of not too short but not too long nails on me, with squarish round free edges, as I have big fingers and mostly flat nail beds UURRGGGG !!!!! - I love art, and at the moment I am wearing clear tips with black gel polish over tip from smile line to free edge and swirls and flecks in black white and red (yes Im strange) and YES I will get bored with them before my next refill and surely change the colour and art. :rolleyes: Sometimes I get bored and just wear NNO in one colour, and uses polishes.

I'm really a nail biter at heart. Once a biter always a biter I say, BUT when I am wearing enhancements I never bite them.

I always start out with a nice set of tips and then grow my nails out until I just have a natural nail overlay. I go on like this for months and then usually something happens like I don't rebalance them for 5 weeks and then I start to pick. At this stage I usually start all over again.

I now do my own nails using PopIts and a special technique I have developed and I never have a spot of bother with them. I wear them painted with good old CND SPIKE ... still a great colour. I am not at ALL into nail art of any kind on myself. In summer I go naturelle!!
oh my god - can't believe you would ever pick at your enhancements??? lol

are you gonna share your special technique???

well because of severe onycholysis and paper thin nails, i havent been able to wear anything for nearly a year now,

but since they are almost better and i needed to do them for my course, i am now sporting a set of nail graphix xanadua tips with cnd perfect pink , and im quite impressed, cos after nearly a week hey are all still on, and not even looking tatty, no lifting either, so how come my model has lost 3 then?lol:lol:

bev your nails look lush hun xxxx

well because of severe onycholysis and paper thin nails, i havent been able to wear anything for nearly a year now,

but since they are almost better and i needed to do them for my course, i am now sporting a set of nail graphix xanadua tips with cnd perfect pink , and im quite impressed, cos after nearly a week hey are all still on, and not even looking tatty, no lifting either, so how come my model has lost 3 then?lol:lol:

bev your nails look lush hun xxxx

Have you posted a picture of your new nails then Nicky? Cant remember if you have showed us. Cant wait to see x x x

Have you posted a picture of your new nails then Nicky? Cant remember if you have showed us. Cant wait to see x x x

They are in one of her blogs xxx

They are in one of her blogs xxx

thank you Rachel - I knew she spoke of it somewhere, just couldnt remember where.

They look good too x x x

I have natural tips on now....but i think i am going to paint mine red. xx

lol i am wearing 1 sculpted thumb with ez flow purple glitter french and brick house nail bed :lol: coz my nail beds are soo tiny its a night mare doing em so i usually do my thumb to show clients what my nails turn out like :lol:

i change my nails all the time im terrible which is why i usually just paint them it would be too much trouble to file off and redo

here is my nails at the beginning of the week
SANY0004-1.jpg

here is my nails today
blacknails1.jpg

these were just painted with (dont say anything) avons warm black its a really nice colour

angela

they are lovely , i like that black it looks nice , x

Love that black angela- i'm a fan of avon bits too, especially their fast dry products! mine are short, painted with black enamel - no 17 nightshade fast finish - coloured glitter topcoat and stuck some stars on to jazz em up a bit. ruined em the other night though when i was doing a client - forgot that it was just enamel! ho hum

I'm a natural nail girl at the moment - enjoying the short dark look - got creative voodoo on!

Latest posts

Back