Your own waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilemartine

Reaction score
I have been waxing a good 10 years now but must say I neglect myself so tonight I decided its a fab idea to do my waxing legs and arms sound no prob under arms ouch (first time ever) so decided to try and do my Hollywood lets say not completed does any other geeks manage to do there own ;( not loads left to do but ouch ;( not the best idea I have had

I do all my own waxing! Always have and have been doing it for the last 16 years. Not the easiest thing to do but just about possible.

There was a thread about it a little while back - and inspired by it I decided to do my own legs and armpits - well... legs fine - bit of flexing and bending and not too shabby! Armpits were fun PMSL... Thank goodness you can go over it again with the Berins Blue *snigger* cos I made a right dogs meal of it :D

Have to say if I had done a job to THAT level on a customer I'd have been :o

Still - practise will make perfect ;) NOT going to brave the bikini though!! EVER

My legs went well and my arms bit tricky but got there my underarm well bit ouch but no bruise now my Hollywood half done bruised and having to enlist a therapist to complete ;( ops but will try again I won't give up that easy didn't help we had a power cut half way through lol

I used to do my own 'normal' bikini wax but to be honest it's a bit fiddly and it you're not careful you can bruise yourself. I now tend to go to another salon to get it done - I think it's good business practice anyway to remember how it feels to be a customer.

I have done my own bikini a few times, I try and count to three and pull :( not great so don't make a habit, legs fine though I like doing my own legs :) x

If you wax a client you have both hands to stretch the skin but doing your own is tricky as the angle is difficult and stretching the skin is not the easiest and of course that can be a bit uncomfortable so watch out for that and pluck up the courage ! Ouch ....

I have been doing my own bits for years. You find it difficult the first time and then after that it is more funny than anything else. I am 55, fat and have had a couple of back surgeries so am not the most flexible and I would hate to imagine what I look like when I am doing it!

It does hurt and you may bruise yourself but it gets easier with time :green:

Sheila you are not fat!!! But I do agree that you have to come up with some pretty strange poses and positions and pray that the doors and blinds are firmly shut!!!

TBW why don't you gal's train up your hubbies or partners in the fine art of waxing.

Whilst possibly more painful initially through usage you never know ..he might just surprise you...and pigs might fly .:eek::wink2:

Might just be a better option in the long run than all that faffing about on your own ...with or without windows and doors shut lol

I know I did and do my missus...its quiet nice to reciprocate the giving and receiving of pain at times :eek::lol::lol:

Haha, you and your wife must be mega close, I don't think I'd want my boyfriend to see me pre-waxing/shaving. He styles my hair for me though if that counts :p I think because he's ashamed of what he has to walk next to if he doesn't!

Haha, you and your wife must be mega close, I don't think I'd want my boyfriend to see me pre-waxing/shaving. He styles my hair for me though if that counts :p I think because he's ashamed of what he has to walk next to if he doesn't!

I asume your refering to the hair on your head here :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh god!!!! No, I meant my long flowing locks of back hair.

Lmao yeah my other half would love to try but no way last time I asked for help was horribly painful ;( much to his delight

I do my own Brazilian....painful to say the least but easier when I have a very large glass of wine next to me and a good power ballad blaring out the speakers!! :D

Latest posts

Back