Your personal Agony Aunt for problem solving with clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody should have to do that. Block them one by one xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My situations not relating a client but infact the lady I rent from. It's a communication problem so I really hope you can help me.

Wow, at this point I don't believe your manager at all. She sounds like a nightmare. :eek: I would believe the girl that left and tried to warn you because what she said has turned out to be true. Do you have insurance for your stuff? Why are you paying to replace it when it's her building that caused your stuff to be ruined? Do you have a contract with her? If not then I would be finding a new place to do my work in. Find a place that is more professional, that sets up a contract with you. The law should be on your side in a situation where the person who owns the building or manages it is responsible for replacing damage to your property. But, it's better to have a contract in place that will spell things out, in writing, legally binding and so if you have an issue you can point to it and then hire a lawyer if necessary. I don't understand why she's showing preferential treatment to other therapists when you were also flooded. Sounds like a bad situation I would personally want to get away from, especially with how unprofessional she sounds.

I don't know how you are giving her payment for your rent. I personally always pay my rent in such a way that I can prove payment later on. So I pay with checks and if I pay online I can show confirmation numbers. I never pay cash. I use money orders if I just want to do cash. There are fees involved, but I'd rather pay the small fee to have a money order that is traceable and I have a receipt for than to pay her cash money and have her argue that I didn't pay my rent.

Good luck with this woman!! You need it!! :hug:

I don't know how you are giving her payment for your rent. I personally always pay my rent in such a way that I can prove payment later on. So I pay with checks and if I pay online I can show confirmation numbers. I never pay cash. I use money orders if I just want to do cash. There are fees involved, but I'd rather pay the small fee to have a money order that is traceable and I have a receipt for than to pay her cash money and have her argue that I didn't pay my rent.

Good luck with this woman!! You need it!! :hug:

I knowww! Im such a demanding person usually but shes walked alllover me. No no contract either. I thought it was her responsiblity to replace my damaged stuff. The other day for example my poster fell off the wall with the damp and it got wet and ruined but I wasn't in. I was like wheres my poster "oh it got damaged" .. oh right thanks for telling me. I know in that situation it was only a poster but its the principle. Uhhh. Yea I decided yesterday that ill be paying via cheque from now on! Getting so stressed. Iv been looking for a new place and there's loooaddss that want me so im gonna make a day outa visiting them all next week

Last edited:
I know it's not what the 'bigger person' would do, but just as sneaky way of getting your own back...
I would tell her you have to stay late one night for a client, then when she and the rest of the staff have left, pack all your things up and go, just like that!!! No warning, no notice, no nothing!!! If you don't have a contract what's stopping you??? You're obviously extremely talented otherwise other salons wouldn't want you, get yourself gone girl, her face would be a picture the next morning...😉💋

Hahaha thats great! If I decide to move ill do it that way I think.

Last edited:
Advice needed please I went to a client to fit weave extensions which I have been trained In and doing for 2 years the girl was very lovely at the time the next day u get a message from her saying she's not happy her hairs matting and wants a refund I said I would come round after work and c what the problem was, she said she just wanted a refund so I said I will drop the money off once I finished in the salon hoping u would the beable to check her weave and c what the problem was. To my shock she was not in u was going out That night so just have the money to her boyfriend and left but know I feel that she has conned me and got her weave for free do any of you's put in your consultation form that your service is non refundable and if there not happy with anything to say then and there any advise would be great xx

Advice needed please I went to a client to fit weave extensions which I have been trained In and doing for 2 years the girl was very lovely at the time the next day u get a message from her saying she's not happy her hairs matting and wants a refund I said I would come round after work and c what the problem was, she said she just wanted a refund so I said I will drop the money off once I finished in the salon hoping u would the beable to check her weave and c what the problem was. To my shock she was not in u was going out That night so just have the money to her boyfriend and left but know I feel that she has conned me and got her weave for free do any of you's put in your consultation form that your service is non refundable and if there not happy with anything to say then and there any advise would be great xx
You refunded without removing the weave?? :suprised:

Jeez, she's got herself a right deal there - would Topshop give you money back without checking a clothing item AND take it back from you?

You've learnt the hard way but this is DEFINITELY not the way to go about your business, refunds should be a very last resort, if at all - I'd check, correct and as a last option, possibly start from scratch and re-do. I find it hard to believe that even the cheapest of hair grade matts THAT easily?!?!

Yes I did think right after this happened that I had been taken for a mug but I expected her to be there as she knew I was comming

Yes I did think right after this happened that I had been taken for a mug but I expected her to be there as she knew I was comming
Agreeing to it in your messages isn't good either, even though in your mind you were going to check them first it looks like you're giving in then going back on your word.

Act with confidence, even if you're not, clients see someone who isn't confident and take them for what they can!

Don't fret about it now, you can't really go back and request it back - live and learn ey :)

Have just read through the whole thread. Very interesting read. Thanks Gigi for sharing your expertise. Can I ask if you still do your column and if so which magazine is it in please .

Latest posts

Back