Your professional opinion needed xxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizzmarni

Reaction score
Hello Girlies :)

Ive missed you all and I know im always welcome back any time as you are all so lovely! :D

Anyhoo.. I just wanted to get your opionion about something..

Im a level 2NVQ Beauty Therapist who is currently obsessed with nail polish, art and anything pretty really!! (working in Boots does not help!!!)

My friend (who has never done anything beauty related but is about to graduate a bio chem degree) and I do eachother's nails almost every day!!! :o

The point is we both love gel nails and our local adult education class is offering a bio sculpture course for £80.00.. there is no certificate which is fine with us as we are both only doing it for fun really.

So its eaither go on this 3 day course (the price includes kit - which I need to discuss with them as I want to know exactly what im getting) or should I just buy some gelish and play around with it, watch vids and try to figure it out on my own!?!?

I also have a very old UV lamp.. could I use this or do I have to buy a new and very expensive one??

This is really just for us to do at home but I may decide to offer this service to clients after some pratice (obv I would get a proper qualification before doing this)

So what do you all think?? Should I pay £80.00 and go on this course or should I head down to Sallys and hope for the best??? :)

Your help is always much apprechated :hug:

Huggles
Hannah
xxx

Bio would not do any training for £80.00 so I would just make sure you look into this before oarting with your money! x

this is defo not a proper bio course as i paid hundreds for mine!!and if you dont get a certificate its not really worth doing, just in case you do decide to start offering x

As hatty said bio wouldn't train for this, if so book me in - twice!! I'd look around for some accredited courses, not to waste your money. As for your lamp you would need the one recommended for the system you use xx

If you did do this course would you be able to buy Biosculpture products once your kit has run out if you don't have a proper qualification with them? I doubt it ;)

If you are level 2 Beauty trained...does that include manicures?
If so then you could do a Course in a Gel Polish like Gelish, and have a proper qualification for which you would get Insurance once you wanted to move on from just doing your own and friends nails. Also any 36watt UV lamp works with Gelish.

I would check coz its sounding far too cheap. I did my course in scotland as a night class and my gel, acrylic fibreglass and silk course was only £86 and £144 for the kit but that was with basic training. The bio course at the same college is £279. I defo wouldnt recommend doing any gel nails without the proper training. As for your lamp, most systems require a 36 watt lamp which can be bought for around £xx-£xx off ebay. Hope this helps

Sharron

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back