Your Reputation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread in Chit Chat about this as I feel there are still many geeks unaware of this feature and some geeks might only look at certain boards and not the Site Assistance section.

On Geek, we have "Reputation". Under a persons username, you will see some little blue boxes. The more Reputation you get, the more blue boxes you get. This is a great way for members to gauge how much great or helpful advice has been given on the site by that person and was particularly helpful for me as a newbie.

The new heart feature is great and I love it, it allows us to instantly show that we like something or agree with something a geek has said. However, reputation seems to have dipped in being used since this feature came along, so I thought I would encourage you all to still rep someone and not just heart everything.

I personally feel that the Rep feature is really important and so if you strongly agree with something that has been said, or someone has really helped you with a problem, get clicking on the little green box in the top right hand corner and give that Geek some Rep :wink2: There is also a red box that can be used for reporting a post but hopefully you won't need to ever use that one ;)

The green and red boxes can only be seen if you are logged on via PC or through Safari/Web browsers on your phones, this feature cannot be used via the Salongeek app.

I hope this helps people that perhaps didn't know about Rep. If you want to check to see if you have been given any Rep and by whom, then click on the settings tab at the top of the page and all your rep will be there :hug: Remember to pop along to a person's Profile page to thank them if they have given you Rep too.

Happy Repping :)

ETA: If you hover your mouse over yours or someone else's blue boxes, it gives a film quotation. Very funny :D

Last edited:
Good post!

I want to just correct two slight inaccuracies though LOL.

The blue boxes are not only a representation of your rep comments, they also increase over time on the site and also number of posts in the professional forums.

Second point, when clicking on settings you can only see the last 5 reps given, if you think there are more then you could ask one of the mods to check it out for you.

Good post!

I want to just correct two slight inaccuracies though LOL.

The blue boxes are not only a representation of your rep comments, they also increase over time on the site and also number of posts in the professional forums.

Second point, when clicking on settings you can only see the last 5 reps given, if you think there are more then you could ask one of the mods to check it out for you.

Thanks Fiona :hug:

Aww thanks for that as you probely seen for my other post i was clueless!:o
I will try it out now xx

Thought I would start a thread in Chit Chat about this as I feel there are still many geeks unaware of this feature and some geeks might only look at certain boards and not the Site Assistance section.

On Geek, we have "Reputation". Under a persons username, you will see some little blue boxes. The more Reputation you get, the more blue boxes you get. This is a great way for members to gauge how much great or helpful advice has been given on the site by that person and was particularly helpful for me as a newbie.

The new heart feature is great and I love it, it allows us to instantly show that we like something or agree with something a geek has said. However, reputation seems to have dipped in being used since this feature came along, so I thought I would encourage you all to still rep someone and not just heart everything.

I personally feel that the Rep feature is really important and so if you strongly agree with something that has been said, or someone has really helped you with a problem, get clicking on the little green box in the top right hand corner and give that Geek some Rep :wink2: There is also a red box that can be used for reporting a post but hopefully you won't need to ever use that one ;)

The green and red boxes can only be seen if you are logged on via PC or through Safari/Web browsers on your phones, this feature cannot be used via the Salongeek app.

I hope this helps people that perhaps didn't know about Rep. If you want to check to see if you have been given any Rep and by whom, then click on the settings tab at the top of the page and all your rep will be there :hug: Remember to pop along to a person's Profile page to thank them if they have given you Rep too.

Happy Repping :)

ETA: If you hover your mouse over yours or someone else's blue boxes, it gives a film quotation. Very funny :D

I think you deserve a little rep for this post planky ;)

I can't see the rep things on my iPhone, I have seen it on my laptop but rarely use it, can you use this feature on iPhones?

:D

The answer is already here lol!

I discovered rep a while back & also started a thread in chat

Found out how to rep my fellow geeks

I think maybe people are using the like rather than the rep now.

I like the rep as you can leave comments.:)

I think you deserve a little rep for this post planky ;)

Why thank you :o (that's not why I started this thread though just so everyone knows :lol: )
Xx

Bugger! Just checked and I have reps I had no idea about because you don't get a notification.

Rectifying the thanks for the reps as I type! :o

Bugger! Just checked and I have reps I had no idea about because you don't get a notification.

Rectifying the thanks for the reps as I type! :o

So how do you no if you have one?ive just hovered on my blue box and said i have an 8lb head:confused: no wonder it feels heavy!!:lol:xx

I never knew the site had this feature :o thanks for pointing it out as I'm sure I can't be the only one who didn't know! Just checked in my settings and i had some reps :)

So how do you no if you have one?ive just hovered on my blue box and said i have an 8lb head:confused: no wonder it feels heavy!!:lol:xx

If you pop back up to the original post, you will see Planky has explained everything. :)

8lb head, love it! :green:

Go to settings at the top of the page and it will show you your last 5 reps received. You can then click on the persons username and it'll take you straight to their profile page where you can thank them :)

Whoops, sorry, im always straight in there rushing through so missed that bit:o
I need to slow down! must be my heavy head!:irked:
xx

Just bumping this up for anyone who didn't see it :)

Thanks! Im new and I actually thought the hearts added to the rep, i didnt notice the other boxes! doh!

I totally didn't know about this feature. Now I feel like a d-bag for not thanking anyone for their reps. Sorry!

I've only just learned too chickafish posted loads and only given 1 rep! I keep forgetting about it and just using the heart!

Latest posts

Back