Your Reputation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally didn't know about this feature. Now I feel like a d-bag for not thanking anyone for their reps. Sorry!

You never knew?

Look at all the rep you have! :lol:

I've repped you loads of times... you owe me BIG TIME for not thanking me!!

You never knew?

Look at all the rep you have! :lol:

I've repped you loads of times... you owe me BIG TIME for not thanking me!!

:cry: I do! Me so sorry xx

I wanna rep people loads but 90% of the time I am on my IPhone app!

I'm putting a vote in for adding this feature to IPhones and other like minded devices.

All in favour say I! ;-)

Ive started going to SG through safari instead now. The app leaves out too many features.

I was just about to say the same as Chickafish, it's just as quick for SG to load in Safari than it is to press the app button. I hardly ever use the app on my iPhone now, always go through safari, as then I can access the whole site, including the shout box and can Heart things too, which I can't on the app. The whole site is much better :wink2:

But how do you access the threads you've commented on? I rarely use the main site so am unsure! X

I totally didn't know about this feature. Now I feel like a d-bag for not thanking anyone for their reps. Sorry!

Me too! Oops! Thank you belatedly to anyone who has rep'd me! I agree that this is the downside to the app! X

Is this just on the main site and not the mobile one? I'm on my phone and have never seen anything like this. X

If you're using the SG app (downloaded from app store) you get easy access to threads you've participated in. I think that's the only upside. However, going to safari (the Internet browser on your apple device) you can view SG as it would appear on a PC. You can see the shout box, heart things, go to your settings and see your reps, blog. The only thing you can't do is upload pictures to your albums (unless I'm being an idiot and you actually can?)

But how do you access the threads you've commented on? I rarely use the main site so am unsure! X

You just need to remember which ones you have participated in, or click on thread tools and subscribe to the thread, then whenever someone comments, if you go to your settings, all threads will be in there. I think the participated part of the app is the only bonus, otherwise I much prefer the site via PC or Safari.

Is this just on the main site and not the mobile one? I'm on my phone and have never seen anything like this. X

This has already been said twice and in my OP. Have a read back and take a look :wink2: :hug:

If you're using the SG app (downloaded from app store) you get easy access to threads you've participated in. I think that's the only upside. However, going to safari (the Internet browser on your apple device) you can view SG as it would appear on a PC. You can see the shout box, heart things, go to your settings and see your reps, blog. The only thing you can't do is upload pictures to your albums (unless I'm being an idiot and you actually can?)

I haven't tried but I would imagine it's the same on Safari as it is on PC, so click on New Reply then scroll down to Additional options (underneath the smiley icons) then 2nd box down it has "Manage Attachments". Click on that and you can then upload a photo

No, I think we can upload pics to threads but not to albums from our profiles was what I meant. Sorry for confusion lol. When I try to upload a picture to the albums on my profile, the "browse" button to find the file to upload is blocked. :cry:

I can't believe I didn't know about this until now! :suprised:

Was trying to view my rep but couldn't see it under the settings tab?!

What does it mean when someone's bar says 'premium'??

xx

xx

click on settings and scroll to the boittom of that page and there should be a list saying latest repoutation recieved.
premium is when the geek has paid a membership/ contribution to the site

xx

click on settings and scroll to the boittom of that page and there should be a list saying latest repoutation recieved.

Yes, that's right. If you don't see your last reputation received box in settings, then you haven't got any as yet. But if you start giving some out, you may get some in return so don't be downhearted :wink2: :hug: Lots of people still don't know about the rep points, which was why I started this thread and will try to keep it bumped up :wink2:

No, I think we can upload pics to threads but not to albums from our profiles was what I meant. Sorry for confusion lol. When I try to upload a picture to the albums on my profile, the "browse" button to find the file to upload is blocked. :cry:

That may just be a PC only feature then. Bummer

Thanks very much! :biggrin: x

Bumpety Bump :)

Haha like that :)
Nice pic btw x x

Thanks :) Thought this was quite an apt time to bump this up after reading a thread where many Geeks gave some fantastic advise (as usual) and deserve some Rep for it. The thread has now been closed so I couldn't comment but as well as liking the posts, certain geeks got given Rep from me for their wise words. Hope others do the same.

Remember everyone, don't just use the heart button, give Rep where it is really due :wink2:

Latest posts

Back