Your skincare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani04

Reaction score
Just to be nosey what is your skincare routine?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine is am: cleanse
Tone
Correct ie anti blemish on blemishes
Anti oxident
Hydrate
Suncreen

Pm: double cleanse
Tone
Correct
Hydrate

Once a week i use a mask and two to three times a week i exfoliate. I also use a dermaroller at night twice a week and use a resurfacing serum when needed at night but not in conjunction with the dermaroller *ouch

double cleanse
tone
moisturize
hydrate
sun block

night
same except no sun block

What products do you use?

I use Decleor, and morning:

Mens Cleansing scrub
Tone
Wrinkle roller
Prolagene Gel
Bio-Retinol Eye Cream
Aromessence Homme
Bio Retinol Moisturiser

Evening:
Hydra Radiance Cleanser
Tone
Wrinkle Roller
Prolagene Gel
Bio Retinol Eye cream
Neroli Night balm

Then twice a week I use a Decleor mask, and once a week or so I use the Decleor professional AHA exfoliator, which I alternate with microdermabrasion and ultrasonic skin cleansing. Along with the odd bit of oxygen infusion and microcurrent!

If I ever start ageing I shall want a refund!!

Omg I use, face wash and moisturiser.
Sometimes I use soap to wash my face. I'm hitting 34 so I know it's important to look after the skin but really do you honestly think all these products make a difference...?

Have any of you stopped for whatever reason and noticed a change????

Omg I use, face wash and moisturiser.
Sometimes I use soap to wash my face. I'm hitting 34 so I know it's important to look after the skin but really do you honestly think all these products make a difference...?

Have any of you stopped for whatever reason and noticed a change????

Yes they can make a difference - it depends on what you use, and I would never stop!!!

I use Environ and had my picture taken on a Visia machine a year ago, as I started to use their eye cream. A year later, so a year older and I had another pic done. The results are a noticeable reduction in the loose skin and wrinkles around my eyes.

At 34 you may well be able to get away with less - I'm 50 next year, and tend to find that ladies from the age of about 38 (but often a lot younger) suddenly go "Oh my god - my skin" and seek professional advice. This can also coincide with the deterioration of eyesight - get new glasses, and suddenly you REALLY see your skin!!!

There are a lot of products out there, but there's also a lot of tat, so choose wisely!!!

Vicki x

i only use cosmeceutical skin care products my favorite is Image skincare, Vital c and ageless range. I don't use over the counter skincare products as they do nothing for my skin i prefer results rather than just slapping on any old creams, my skin is quite dry and when i use skincare products from boots or superdrug etc my skin just itches, plus i need to keep those wrinkles at bay haha x

Ive lost count of how many clients I have turned off of OTC skincare and onto decent professional products; once people see the results to be had by using the right skincare for their face, they never go back.

One of my clients is in her mid 70s and used to be a beauty therapist, and she has amazing skin (she looks about 55), which she puts down to a lifetime of good skincare and in her latter years CACI treatments. I'm following her example and going for prevention rather than cure! I'm 36 and people always think I'm in my early 20s (even got asked for ID earlier this year for alcohol!), my brother on the other hand uses nothing and although he's only 26 his work colleagues thought he was in his 40s!!

I always get OTC ones... Well I only ever got Clinique and because i didn't see much difference I stopped using it.

Whicj product would you recommend for my skin- I have at t-zone and dry skin.

I recently bought Olay oil free moisturiser and the Olay primer. Together after putting my foundation on bits started coming off. Argh!

You should go to a skincare therapist and get a consultation x

I have been using the tibby Olivier faith lift cream but was amazed to see that practically the same ingredients are in the bulldog range of men's moisturisers (I was looking for my hubby).

I think I'll try the bulldog one too and see if that works because it's a fraction of the T.O. price.

It may sound odd but I love using Snail Gel creams! They make you feel like you've had a face lift and feels tighter straight away! xxx

I have been using the tibby Olivier faith lift cream but was amazed to see that practically the same ingredients are in the bulldog range of men's moisturisers (I was looking for my hubby).

I think I'll try the bulldog one too and see if that works because it's a fraction of the T.O. price.

Its all well and good having almost identical ingredients but the active ingredients will be considerably less in the bulldog ones compared to the to ones.

Also the quality of ingredients will be reduced in the bulldog one. Quality ingredients cost more thus the price of the product is more. Ultimately you get what you pay for.

Its all well and good having almost identical ingredients but the active ingredients will be considerably less in the bulldog ones compared to the to ones.

Also the quality of ingredients will be reduced in the bulldog one. Quality ingredients cost more thus the price of the product is more. Ultimately you get what you pay for.

But how do you know the quality will be reduced? Perhaps we are just paying more for the fancy tibby Olivier packaging,

I really like Clarins and some Elemis products too.

I cleanse with a Clarisonic in the shower then tone and day cream.

At night make up off, cleansing milk, tone, night cream then eye lash serum too!

But how do you know the quality will be reduced? Perhaps we are just paying more for the fancy tibby Olivier packaging,

I don't know about TO but normally higher end brands eg Elemis will use the first grade of an ingredient. For example the padina pavonica which they use in all their anti aging products they farm themselves. They will use the ingredient in their product and then sell it on to a slighter cheaper brand that they will then use in their product and then sell it on to another cheaper company. All these brands can now list in there ingredients that they use padina pavonica how ever the the amount that is actually in them if any at all is very low. Think of it like re using a tea bag. The first time you dunk it in the water it will be strong by the time you get to the 5th cup there will be no tea left in the tea bag 😊 xx

Latest posts

Back