Your Thoughts....Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROOPS100

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would appreciate your thoughts on this. I have been doing 2 ladies nails for the past 6 months. Prior to myself doing them another lady used to do them also using bio sculpture but appeared have badly damaged the nail plates when removing the gel. Both clients said she used to really hurt their nails during it's removal. (She must have used some strong nail primer ??!!)
I followed the correct procedure for soaking them off inline with my training & they have been pleased that they no longer have to suffer the painful effects of removal, but.....

here's the thing on both of these clients nail plates they had considerable damage on them from being filed etc very similar to having worn acrylics. After 6 months this should have long since grown out but both ladies still have deep White marks on some of the nails even though I haven't block buffed/filed them...

The mother (in her 70's) takes low dose thyroxin for an under active thyroid & some other tablets to help her immune system as she's susceptible to pneumonia & has yearly infusions as she has brittles bones due to osteoporosis through calcium deficiency. She has verticle lines running right down the nails (but the daughter doesnt').. Dont know if her medication or conditions have anything to do with this or not but the daughter whose in her 40's doesn't have such medical problems but also has the same deep White pigments in her wedding finger & same adjacent finger & on both of her little fingers just like her mom. The white area isnt growing out it just sits within the same areas of the nails month in month out....

Does anyone know what's causing this?? Is there anything I can recommend to help with this? The daughter would like french nails but the white marking is obvious beneath the Bio Gel when I apply Number 87 ....

Any help you could offer would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Heres one of the nails in question ....

Attachments

• IMG_0308[1].jpg
    IMG_0308[1].jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 6,812
I would imagine that these are marks from them being soaked. Do you use acetone dishes or wraps? X

My first guess without having seen the photo would have been dehydration. Are they using solar oil?

Do the White marks seem to be growing out or are they in the same place now as they were 6 months ago?

Hi

I soak off the Bio Gel using Bio's Gel Remover & there Cotton Squares & Foil Wraps...

Neither of these ladies use Solar Oil..

At the moment in time I have no idea if the white marks were to disappear if they were left to dry out for a few hours or not... either way the white marks are always in the same zone & does not grow out.

I would also say nail dehydration.

You say neither use solar oil.!! Theres your answer!!

My guess it is mainly on end as the nail is older so dehydrated more. It has not grow out neither as they are not using solar oil to hydrate the nail.

But I'm newly qualified could be wrong.
Also if the client wants French use a punk that camouflages the nail beds

I would use pink when doing French until the damage has grown off and suggest that they use cuticle oil.

Latest posts

Back