Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I'd start a thread for tips/secrets for weight loss! I've tried slimming world, weightwatchers, slimfast and most of the popular ones and not had huge luck, but I'm on a low fat diet now and have already lost 8 pounds in a week! It really seems to be working well :) any tips or tricks you guys have would be great to share to help everyone! 😀 xxx

I find my fitness pal the easiest for me. But I do think it whatever diet you stumble across when your motivated an in the right frame of mind will work. Xx

For me its almost ALL in the mind.
a
Every morning, I wake up feeling motivated, determined to make a new start.

I do well till mid afternoon when I start to feel fuzzy and comfy and I try eat something healthy to tide me over until tea.

Somewhere between now and about 9 oclock, my mood changes and its as if there's never going to be another day, I just don't CARE any more and tend to eat whatever I fancy. :cry: It doesnt help that hubby can eat loads without gaining weight and literally eats stuff all evening.

I just wish I could keep motivated for an entire day. What happens? Anybody else find this?

(Add: I lost 2.5 stone last year and am gutted I have put a stone back on. Want to lose it for my hols in summer so watching this thread carefully)

Yes that happens me - I lost 4st 6lb last year and have put 1.5lb back on but just can't get my head back into it :( I need to I will start Monday!!!' 😠 xx

Try Herbalife, it's amazing!

I've been using Jodie marsh Semtex and no longer eat processed food and I have lost just under 4st in a year.

Sent from the catphone

I have the 30 day squat challenge and 30 day ab challenge on an app on my phone. It's quick and easy and I'm on day 10 with the squats and seeing a change already. When I started this I started eating more healthy cos after 90 squats I didn't want to ruin it with bad food!

IMO all of these weight loss program's are nothing but a waste of money. It has worked for some people but the way I lost 10kgs is to be active, not to lie in bed too long, get a good nights sleep and eat your food moderately, I didn't deprive myself from sweets and bad food I ate bad on the weekends to enjoy life and drank a lot of water.

I do agree that it's all in your head, you could be on a really strict diet and think negative and put in your head that you'll never lose weight it won't happen.

Also, losing weight when your stressed or depressed doesn't work unless you're one of those people that stop eating at these times and lose it like that which is unhealthy.

You have to be really positive, confident and happy. You can't have the mindset to lose weight because you hate yourself, you have to want to lose weight to look better.

That's just what works for me, you need to find what diet/ program works for you and stick to it.
P.s I put all of those 10 kgs back on but I'm slowly losing again ;)

There is only one secret to weight loss! WILLPOWER! Sadly, I only have it intermittently.

Hey guys thought I'd start a thread for tips/secrets for weight loss! I've tried slimming world, weightwatchers, slimfast and most of the popular ones and not had huge luck, but I'm on a low fat diet now and have already lost 8 pounds in a week! It really seems to be working well :) any tips or tricks you guys have would be great to share to help everyone! 😀 xxx

Do you mind me asking What does your low fat diet consist of? Eg what would you eat throughout the day?

Do you mind me asking What does your low fat diet consist of? Eg what would you eat throughout the day?

A lot of fruit and vegetables, no biscuits/cakes/crisps, lean meat with all skin and visible fat removed before cooking, skimmed milk. A typical day for me would be shredded wheat with skimmed milk and a piece of fruit, lunch would be a salad with chicken, sometimes a little bit of low fat cheese, dinner is chicken or fish with plenty of veg and a small jacket potato, I snack on fruit, low fat cup soups(not too many) berries with low fat natural yoghurt, small handful of nuts(for healthy fat) :) xxx

My diet is pretty boring at the moment but I've had enough of being overweight, it's not healthy and I'm seeing good results so I'm sticking to it, never had this much willpower I just don't know where it's coming from lol!! Xxx

You can lose weight by drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Have a healthy lifestyle and avoid fatty foods. Sleep at least 8 hours per day and avoid stress. Go the gym once a week and do some work outs at home. You can do some cycling around the park or you can enroll to a swimming class. This two exercises is a full-body workout and proven to lose weight.

All started off with seeing a Hypnotherapist to address my emotional connection to food. Then seeing my personal trainer 3 times a week, cutting down on cheat meals in the week, no wine sun - thursday, drinking more water, taking appropriate supplements (vits and minerals). Gone down from 40" waist to very nearly 34" - another month or two and those jeans will be mine!

There is no secret sadly, eat healthy and exercise daily - only way.

And lift weights, don't bother pounding away on the treadmill, it will actually make you fatter!

There is no secret sadly, eat healthy and exercise daily - only way.

And lift weights, don't bother pounding away on the treadmill, it will actually make you fatter!

Why does it make you fatter?

I use a calorie count app so I can eat whatever I want in moderation =) tells me how many calories I have left to eat that day, tracks how many calories I burn and how much water I drink and you can log your weight on a chart so you can see it going down =) I've lost 12lbs so far =)

I've stopped eating bread, rice, pasta and sugar. Didn't eat junk food or processed/ready meals anyway. Trying to eat more protein to fill me up. The weird thing is that I've completely lost my appetite. I'm a girl that normally has to eat a lot. Even when I'm really sick I normally still want to eat. I've haven't weighed myself as I was too scared to see the scales so I'm judging it on how my clothes fit. I'm definitely less bloated and I've lost weight from my face. Great to hear others stories :)

Latest posts

Back