Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hellosorriso, I have exactly the same look but I have been diagnosed with ceoliac disease for 20years and I'm so strict at avoiding gluten. It just happens for no reason and I really hate the pregnancy look. I've been asked twice this year. I'd be keen to hear what other geeks say too but for now I'm trying to stick to veg, meat and fruit. I'm gonna try keep a food diary on my pumpup app and see the doctor in a few weeks. This pregnancy look is new to me and I know it's not if I've accidentally eaten gluten because I bloat and get horrendous pains. This is just bloating.

I've just been moaning on the rant thred about my ceoliac diagnoses. It's pretty new to me but when I get gluten poisoned I find my smoothies a godsend. I can get some nutrients into my body without irritating my stomach too much. Im getting better but keep getting fed gluten by people not understanding. I really need to get more strict because it takes so long to recover and I get so ill. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm sorry to hear that this diagnosis is leaving you with painful bloating. It's not nice at all. Sometimes I get really uncomfortable and I'm not even pushing my stomach out but it feels forced out if that makes sense. I have noticed it happens if I have too much milk or bread.

I'm a lacto-vegetarian which means I eat dairy and eggs but I don't eat meat or fish. I tend to overdo it with the cheese and milk and bread so I think cutting that out will play a big part (I'm gonna miss pizza's!!) I have tried to find meal plans online but I only find veggie ones with heaps of fish as the main part of each meal plan OR I find heaps of vegan ones. It's super annoying!

I don't want to eat rabbit food. Definitely need to get some more weighted exercises going.

x HelloSORRISO x

Home make pizza on wraps with small amounts of cheese and as many healthy toppings as you want.

I've just been moaning on the rant thred about my ceoliac diagnoses. It's pretty new to me but when I get gluten poisoned I find my smoothies a godsend. I can get some nutrients into my body without irritating my stomach too much. Im getting better but keep getting fed gluten by people not understanding. I really need to get more strict because it takes so long to recover and I get so ill. X

I was 4 when I was diagnosed so pretty much know what's what. I was really naughty in my teens eating all sorts so I'm more sensitive now so extra careful. My dad accidentally poisoned me the other week with dark orange choc, the reaction was immediate and my god I was doubled over! He's usually careful!

But now I seem to be bloated all the time but not coeliac related... My smoothie yesterday was vile haha I just chucked in any ol fruit, didn't blend enough and yeah it was nasty!

Aw don't feel that way. You did it once and you can do it again! Use this thread as support and encouragement from us. The healthy lifestyle geeks are full of amazing info :)

I know really gonna to get back on board ya I think we can all help and support each other :)

That my dear is a fabulous figure! I am slim, but I am getting jelly bits here and there. I also HATE cardio! I've done the slow cardio thing and I don't notice a difference. If I do fast pasted cardio ie: running on a treadmill for like 5 minutes... I actually feel sick, dizzy and almost heave because I over exert my body all of a sudden. I kept getting told to "push past it keep pushing past it" but hasn't made a difference. I still feel like throwing up when I try and smash a cardio session. I much rather walk into a gym and do squats with a bar weight, dead lifts and all that jazz.

Earlier on in this post I mentioned how recently I've been slacking and all of a sudden out of no where the past say 2-3 months I look slim but like I'm 5 months pregnant from the side view. I want to get rid of this but I'm thinking now that it may be the mix of diary, bread and the soya isolate protein shakes I've been having. if I did the weighted exercises like you did could i get rid of the jiggle and the image I currently describe as "a snake that has swallowed a football" lol!?!? I'd love to know what kind of things you did with weights to get that figure!

x HelloSORRISO x

So the first thing to do is cut out the wheat dairy and the protein shakes ( I'm no expert but it all worked for me)

I suffer from IBS and bloating too hence I have to watch what I eat and protein shakes are a no go for me

On a usual day when I was training I would eat x2 boiled eggs, either on their own or on whole meal Bread, two hours then for lunch a bowl of veg and tuna or chicken ( steam bags) afternoon ryvita and cottage cheese, eve meal sweet potato chicken veg or anything protein, then before bed ricotta with fruit.

A training day would be only 3/4 times a week no more than 45 to 1 hour mins

If I went to the gym if warm legs up on running machine 5 mins, then upper body rowing machine 5 mins

To start off I would do full body workouts and always legs
3x 12--5 reps on all exercises

Leg extensions leg curls, always weighted squats, lunches and dead lifts.

Upper body - dumbest flies, hammer curls, chest press, skull crackers, seated dumbbell press - just all exercises u can find on the apps

Then when I got to my shape is work on 2 body parts per day

If training at home in my garage I only had a leg extensions machine, bench and free weights ( and would do legs and upper )

If you want to do cardio at end get a skipping rope And do 100 jumps, rest for a min then 100 jumps. See if you can do it ten times

That's how I got to that at 28 years old,

I'm not a natural slim, I'm have broad shoulder and quite natural big legs from netball and riding but worked for me !
It did take 5 months though and once u stop ( I had a bad ankle injury ) u lose it very quickly

Ps never push past the pain in exercise like u said above, that pain is not a good pain !
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404204827.745706.jpg

This thread has been great for me. I've realised I need a big change. Does anyone follow the paleo diet? I find I kind of do it (when I'm being good) already. Getting back to exercise and want my body back to how it was when I was training well.

I've totally neglected this thread! But just read every single reply and you lot are so full of great tips and wisdom, were all so lucky to be part of this community, good luck with all your weight losses x❤️x

Water drinking app! Called water your body tells you how much you need for your weight and reminds you to drink it

Water drinking app! Called water your body tells you how much you need for your weight and reminds you to drink it

Ooo I'm gonna get this! I need to drink more water, but I don't know my measurements. How do you know what's in an average cup or do you drink by pint glass.

Has anyone heard of healthy water? I want to start making some but mason (I think) jars are a tad pricey for what they are.

Ooo I'm gonna get this! I need to drink more water, but I don't know my measurements. How do you know what's in an average cup or do you drink by pint glass.

Has anyone heard of healthy water? I want to start making some but mason (I think) jars are a tad pricey for what they are.

I use a litre bottle. I have to have 3.36 litres a day and for each litre I need to half a 1/4 tsp of salt as the app advised! So I am gonna have 3 bottles a day and my morning cuppa which covers my water in take! Has loads more tips than just the salt one as well!

You need to get a VOSS bottle!!!

x HelloSORRISO x

So the first thing to do is cut out the wheat dairy and the protein shakes ( I'm no expert but it all worked for me)

I suffer from IBS and bloating too hence I have to watch what I eat and protein shakes are a no go for me

On a usual day when I was training I would eat x2 boiled eggs, either on their own or on whole meal Bread, two hours then for lunch a bowl of veg and tuna or chicken ( steam bags) afternoon ryvita and cottage cheese, eve meal sweet potato chicken veg or anything protein, then before bed ricotta with fruit.

A training day would be only 3/4 times a week no more than 45 to 1 hour mins

If I went to the gym if warm legs up on running machine 5 mins, then upper body rowing machine 5 mins

To start off I would do full body workouts and always legs
3x 12--5 reps on all exercises

Leg extensions leg curls, always weighted squats, lunches and dead lifts.

Upper body - dumbest flies, hammer curls, chest press, skull crackers, seated dumbbell press - just all exercises u can find on the apps

Then when I got to my shape is work on 2 body parts per day

If training at home in my garage I only had a leg extensions machine, bench and free weights ( and would do legs and upper )

If you want to do cardio at end get a skipping rope And do 100 jumps, rest for a min then 100 jumps. See if you can do it ten times

That's how I got to that at 28 years old,

I'm not a natural slim, I'm have broad shoulder and quite natural big legs from netball and riding but worked for me !
It did take 5 months though and once u stop ( I had a bad ankle injury ) u lose it very quickly

Ps never push past the pain in exercise like u said above, that pain is not a good pain !
View attachment 69212

Wow! Thanks for the tips and guidance! That's awesome! Will need to save this post to refer back to every so often lol.

x HelloSORRISO x

Just had my first litre of water! Jesus I have never drank this much!

Woo I burnt 400 calories on my wii fit today I was so bored so kept going on there :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well after falling off my diet spectacularly during my birthday and holiday I decided to join weight watchers. Doing propoints! Finding it very easy and already lost 3lbs!!

Love Weight Watchers :)

Here's a tip... Lessen your portions. Best way to control portions is to swap a big plate for a little one. when people say you should eat 6 meals a day (the "little but often" rule) they don't mean 6 big meals. It's more like:

• Meal 1 - Healthy Breakfast

• Meal 2 - healthy snack assortment of nuts, raisins or dice up a fruit mix

• Meal 3 - healthy leafy lunch

• Meal 4 - healthy snack assortment of nuts, raisins or dice up a fruit mix

• Meal 5 - healthy chicken/fish/veggie dinner

• Meal 6 - healthy snack (I tend to eat Greek Yogurt with berries as a little sweet treat to end my day)

Through out the whole day I'm drinking at least a small bottle of water before and after each meal. Each meal is a small simple portion. Fitness and eating clean doesn't have to be boring, switch it up try cooking with raw ingredients there are so many easy to follow simple recipes on my new obsession PINTEREST! I've fallen off the wagon the past month but getting back to it as of today.

x HelloSORRISO x

First week on weight watchers and I have lost 7lbs!!!!

Wow well done! Are you exercising too?

Latest posts

Back