Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brown rice based pastas are slightly better, quinoa is good and wild rice. I only have the pasta and bread for a treat. I eat lots of sweet potatoes. Im away this weekend and found a restaurant doing GF pasties and cakes and chips. Im very excited I want it all. Oh and I found GF organic ice cream. Im moving here lol

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

What does the quinoa taste like? And how do you cook it?

Oh and enjoy your weekend, I'd be so happy to find a GF fish and chip shop!

Quinoa is ok... Last time I put chopped olives and dried chopped apricots in it. It was ok nothing special! Need inspiration as I've still got nearly a whole bag left of it! Last time I cooked it, stuffed it in peppers.

I don't think that there is a secret, for me it was as simple of [calories in - calories out] on the other hand I'm probably slimmer but not nessisary more healthy x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive been trying to lose my extra baby-weight for a while now.....but my 'baby' is 23 !!!
I've tried every diet under the sun and eventually have come to the conclusion that, although I watch what I eat.........with being a nail tech, I don't move enough.
With the better weather, I should try do more walking after work. Starting on Monday !

for me it was as simple of [calories in - calories out]

This is exactly what I am doing, although I am going to the gym twice a week as well. I weighed myself for the first time since starting (only 2 1/2 weeks ago) and I have lost 5 pounds. Yaay. I am pleased with that. Just thought I'd share. X

Last edited:
I've lost half a stone.
I find that labelling food as good or bad is a recipe for failure. The only way I lose weight is to stop thinking of denying myself food because I get on a guilt roller coaster and think about food all day. Losing weight is 99% in the mind.

What does the quinoa taste like? And how do you cook it?

Oh and enjoy your weekend, I'd be so happy to find a GF fish and chip shop!

I love quinoa, ii use it in stir fry instead of noodles, just cook it and add to the stir fry at the end, I use it with Bolognese instead if pasta, or add some GF stock, mixed beans, and veggies. It doesn't absorb flavour like cous cous so you need strong flavours like ginger and garlic

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think that there is a secret, for me it was as simple of [calories in - calories out] on the other hand I'm probably slimmer but not nessisary more healthy x

Couldn't agree with this more!
I lost 3stone about two years ago! I had to track calories and it was hard work to lose it.
I used a free app called my fitness pal that was fantastic.
The biggest diet 'missunderstandings' I had were.
Low fat or low cal food was often very high in cals!
Exercise does not burn loads of cal. It's good for you, but running for an hour (for me that's about 5 k) burns 1000 cal. Thats a small McDonalds hamburger,small fries and a cappuccino.
My cal intake to loose a steady 1 to 1.5lb a week was 1100 a day. Not this 2000 figure that is often quoted.
Got to get back on the wagon as I've put 7lb back on!

I'm having 1300 calories a day using a combination of slim fast, my fitness pal and Paul McKenna to control my cravings etc! I like a strict routine I find it easier to stick to than an all you can eat thing! Been a hard couple of days when I start always hungry but I'm through it now and my stomach has shrank, sticking to it and lost half a stone already!

I'm having 1300 calories a day using a combination of slim fast, my fitness pal and Paul McKenna to control my cravings etc! I like a strict routine I find it easier to stick to than an all you can eat thing! Been a hard couple of days when I start always hungry but I'm through it now and my stomach has shrank, sticking to it and lost half a stone already!

How have you found slim fast? I'm starting them today, so now on my way to asda as they have the shakes on rollback for only a pound x

I'm in the process of losing 6.5 stone. 3 down now.

I'm just starting Slim Fast which is lovely when you can blend it with ice. Much easier now it's summer.

I also love weight watchers ready meals which are only 1.66 in Morrisons at the mo. I live on my own so I know it's a bit easier for me without anyone else to worry about but I'm an emotional eater which I've struggled with all my adult life.

Maybe just start off slowly and don't beat yourself up about your weight too much. Small changes can make a big difference x

I love slim fast! It's kick started every weight loss I've done. Never put it back on. It helps me shrink my stomach! Generally only do it 2 weeks the. Just eat small meals. Before giving up lol but never put It back on I just maintain it. But this time I'm just gonna stay on slim fast. I don't have their snacks I just buy 95/100 calorie snacks as it's cheaper! Then have their shakes and a 500 calorie lunch... Which I have ley way on cos with slim fast it's 600 calorie meal but I keep it at 500 roughly

I've been reading up on stuff today... How much water should u drink in a day to help with weight loss?? And also.... Coffee!! Are u meant to drink coffee to ahelp boost metabolism or are you meant to completely cut it out??

Nicola! Xxx

I love slim fast! It's kick started every weight loss I've done. Never put it back on. It helps me shrink my stomach! Generally only do it 2 weeks the. Just eat small meals. Before giving up lol but never put It back on I just maintain it. But this time I'm just gonna stay on slim fast. I don't have their snacks I just buy 95/100 calorie snacks as it's cheaper! Then have their shakes and a 500 calorie lunch... Which I have ley way on cos with slim fast it's 600 calorie meal but I keep it at 500 roughly

If you have never put it back on then why have you used it on more than one occasion? 😜

Shaun T's 60 day insanity workout! The original insanity!

x HelloSORRISO x

Ive been obsessed with fitness and weightloss in the past few years and everything I've tried has shredded me down and then I gain it all again 3 times quicker. the rules to weight loss and fitness are really simple:

1) there is no secret pills and magic, it's hard work and eating right. fad diets are a short term solution to long term issues. You want long term results from commitment.
2) eat the right foods at the right times and drink plenty of water. I drink about a litre and half a day. Do the "little but often" rule... meaning 3 main healthy meals a day with 3 little healthy snacks between each meal
3) EXERCISE! you only have to do half an hour to an hour a day depending on intensity of your training. My personal trainer tells me that there's a 2 day rule. You should never rest for more than2 days because you start to slip into laziness.

I tried everything. Weight watchers, Cambridge diet, slimming world, juice detoxes, squeezing half a lemon in a pint of water a day. they all worked for a little while. Then I gained more weight and became heavier after. I've been sticking to the 3 rules above for 3 years now and I can honestly say I'm happy with my figure now. it's even made my skin clearer and trust me I had spots and scarring and pigmentation problems. I'm not perfect but when I look back I'm a lot happier with myself. It's hard work, commitment and dedication. I'd NEVER diet again. I read about "diets" now and instantly have a "pfffff" kind of moment lol.

Insanity work outs are great but try something a little less intense to begin with and build up. This means you don't need a gym membership you can do it all at home. Sculpt your body your way. The cons are that you need to be self disciplined with it as you're not in a work out environment with someone physically there telling you what to do but on a screen instead.

The main rule to remember is... Fitness and healthy eating is a way of life not a short term diet for just a summer body and then go back to gaining pounds in winter. It's about changing your lifestyle to be healthier inside and out to get the body you desire.

Just thought I'd share how I did it :)

x HelloSORRISO x

If you have never put it back on then why have you used it on more than one occasion? 😜

Cos I've lost x amount then stopped and maintained for a few months then started again! I was 22 st now I'm 15 and a half and in this time I had a baby as well which was the only time I put any back on. In total I've lost 8 stone before pregnancy and lost 3 stone since pregnancy. I've been maintaining for the past year cos I was on a maintaining. Break and then just couldn't be arsed to start again. But started again got another 5 and a half stone I want to lose. But slim fast is the best way I have found to actually shrink my stomach so I don't consume as much.
I normally do 2 weeks slim fast, then stay on my fitness pal for around 3 months maintaining the same calorie intake then I go on a month or so's break to maintain. I've just never done it more than two weeks, then started swapping in the food. Cos it's so strict it helps to shrink your stomach so you can easily eat less calories once the first few days is over

I have 2 amazing secrets...

Get up off my a$$ & train at least 4 times a week
Stop eating crap that my body doesn't need

Works a treat ;)

I haven't read the whole thread, but i've found sticking to the following works amazing!

- Drink plenty of water. And i mean plenty. Have some detox days where you add a lemon, but no more than once a week as it'll ruin your teeth if you go mad.

- Exercise with weights - no you won't look like a man, you don't have balls or enough testosterone

- Sugar is the enemy, not fat! Look at the Labels, low fat food is often high sugar. Try and stick to home made & fresh food. Plenty of chicken and turkey, as these are the leanest meats. Ignore the 40g of protein RDA, you want at least 60g per day, with a ratio of 50% Carbs 30-40% protein and 10-20% fats

- Download MyFitnessPal - it's a fab app and you can scan your food as you eat!

Can anyone suggest any good weight equipment? Or any essential equipment to working out? I'm on day 19 of the 30 day squat challenge and see a difference in my legs and bum, I've started doing them with very light weights, but they are just too light. I'm on the ab challenge too which requires sit ups which I can barely do!

Latest posts

Back