Zone 2/3 going white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SthrnComfort

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a client who I use Perfect Pink (CND) in zones 2 and 3 and they have started to go white. (or cloudy looking)

Any ideas what can cause this? My prep hasn't changed and its only the one client this happens with.

This has happened a few times with her. And this time there is some slight lifting.

Thanks for your ideas.

Last edited:
Are you working too dry?

If its only happen with her and only sometimes it is most likely something that she is using.

Could it be pocket lifting?
This can give a cloudy appearance to the nail bed. The acrylic will look as if it's well attached, and it will be round the edges, but it will have popped of the nail bed in the middle.
This can occur if the client had banged the nail and the result is it popping off in the centre or because your mix ratio is out, working too wet?

What happens when you doing your filing for infills/rebalance on the nail?

Pocket lifting is not normally a problem when you use CND products, because of the way they bond to the plate. BUT if you have wet the nailplate with any monomer liquid, in an area where you will next be applying the product, it will reduce the adhesion of the product when you do apply it in that area.

In other words:

Say you apply your zone 1 product and swipe the smile line, and while swiping the smile line, you wet the zone 2 area ... when you apply your next bead in zone 2, it will not bond as well in that area and may lift in time. (pocket lifting)

Say you apply your zone 2 product and whilst doing so, wet the zone 3 area ... when you apply your next bead in zone 3, it will not adhere tightly to that area and may lift in time and look cloudy.

Make certain that the nail plate you apply product to is always clean and dry!

No sloppy brush work. sloppy brushwork can lead to overexposure and eventual allergic reaction.

Thanks for that geeg. Yes, I do swipe to sharpen up my smile line! I do this with every client. How can I ensure the nail is clean and dry without doing this? I know your going to say not swipe lol.....I think I better try and not swipe! Sometimes I get the smile line perfect, but out of habit swipe...sometimes!

But if I'm doing this with every client...how come its only one having this problem?

And in response to an above question....when I am doing the reblance, the products doesn't appear to have pocket lifting...its files down like normal.

Thanks for that geeg. Yes, I do swipe to sharpen up my smile line! I do this with every client. How can I ensure the nail is clean and dry without doing this? I know your going to say not swipe lol.....I think I better try and not swipe! Sometimes I get the smile line perfect, but out of habit swipe...sometimes!

But if I'm doing this with every client...how come its only one having this problem?

And in response to an above question....when I am doing the reblance, the products doesn't appear to have pocket lifting...its files down like normal.

Some peeps swipe and do it with the very point of the brush so the nails stay clean and dry (it can be done) ... some use more of the brush and wet the plate.

If I need to adjust the smile line, I do it by reversing the brush and holding it at an acute angle, I just gently use the tip of the brush and poke the product under and then re-adjust by doing tiny presses along the smile if needed ... this is a competition trick I teach and it makes a VERY sharp smile line which competition judges love.

If the problem only persists with this ONE client then youwill have to watch very closely what you are doing .... maybe it is not you but her?? A pic would be useful ... :hug:

Thankyou. I will get a pic up today if I can.
I thought that if I tucked it under that would create a shadow along the smile line. I think i imagining it differently lol

What things could is be if it was her?

Latest posts

Back