zone 3 making it disappear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have been doing nails for around 8 months and even though the standard of nails have improved loads i am still struggerling with zone 3, i can not seem to get to graps with making it disappear and it looks bulky at the cuticle and the edge is uneven not a nice shape as the nail (hope that makes sense). I have been looking on you tube for some videos for me to watch to see how it is done but cannot find any, i have nail class book and keep reading it but thought it would help to see it done as well. does anyone have any advice or any tips that might help me please XX

You will find some Young Nails videos on Youtube by Greg Salo, they are fab and it doesn't really matter if you do the reverse technique or not the zone 3 thing will work for you! You can also find these videos on the Young Nails websites. :D

I think you need to look at application, most of the work is done there and then a very light blending at the end. Nailclass explains it very well and there is a tutorial on here too. I will look it up for you.

Hi huni,
try using a smaller bead in zone 3.....less product, less bulk.....less bulk, less filing xxx

The angle of your brush when applying in zone 3 and also the way in which you file also plays a big part as well.

Good luck with it - it will all of a sudden "click" xxx

I would also suggest that when doing your zone 2 to not leave a ridge. Use your brush to press towards eponychium and gently feather over z2 and little presses and pats ensuring your lateral folds are sealed aswell.

I found it's all a learning curve, I had problems with z1, z2,z3, mix ratio, brushes, when really it all helps us become a good nail tech. xx

Hi there

This was something I really struggled with too in the beginning...I have found the placement of my Z3 bead was totally wrong at first - I was putting the bead actually in Z3, and trying to pat it down, which was just making it look bulky. I now place my Z3 bead on the edge of Z2, and gently guide it down towards the eponychium (as Katiebaby said) and then really gently pat it at the ends to smooth out any ridge. I have found though that by just nudging it towards the eponychium from Z2 it just blends into the natural nail. Hth x

Latest posts

Back