Dermal Roller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eternalscot

Reaction score
Does anyone know about this:

How much is it to take on? Is there are a lot of training?

Does anyone know about this:

How much is it to take on? Is there are a lot of training?

Hi,this is the one we have at our salon,a qualified nurse carries out the treatment.There are a lot of dermaroller treatments out there,the genuine dermaroller though can only be carried out by medically qualified people.HTH a little.Ive posted the link to the one we have.

Dermaroller

Hi,this is the one we have at our salon,a qualified nurse carries out the treatment.There are a lot of dermaroller treatments out there,the genuine dermaroller though can only be carried out by medically qualified people.HTH a little.Ive posted the link to the one we have.

Dermaroller

This is not correct. I have just trained in dermal roller and I know beauty therapists are allowed to use 1.5mm long needles –that’s the longest length you are allowed to use one the face.

"Dermaroller" is a specific brand, and it may be that they allow only medically trained people to use their product. There are many different brands of dermal roller - they're not all the same.

This is not correct. I have just trained in dermal roller and I know beauty therapists are allowed to use 1.5mm long needles –that’s the longest length you are allowed to use one the face.

Most companies will only train medical professionals but aestheticare will train beauty therapists if you are working in a clinic with a medical professional and the insurance company will only insure you to work with 1.5mm rollers. Aestheticare has the TM on genuine dermaroller. There are other companies selling rollers but a lot of them aren't great, especially the ones that come with their own cleaning fluid, how rank is that?

Yes this is correct - beauty therapists can train as I have just been talking to the Boston Medical group too - no need to have a medical professional in house

Anca can I ask how patients are finding it with the anaesthetic you use as the only think I am not sure about is if it is as strong as what nurses can use and having had a treatment with a nurse I know I certainly could not have handled it with anything less strong

Look forward to your reply

Anca can I ask how patients are finding it with the anaesthetic you use as the only think I am not sure about is if it is as strong as what nurses can use and having had a treatment with a nurse I know I certainly could not have handled it with anything less strong

Look forward to your reply

Hi, I use Emla Cream and I think it does an excellent job of anesthetizing the skin. As far as I know this cream is very much used by doctors and nurses too.

Hi, I use Emla Cream and I think it does an excellent job of anesthetizing the skin. As far as I know this cream is very much used by doctors and nurses too.

Yes we use a multitude of topical anaesthetic but emla is a good one, it has to be on for an hour and occluded to give fantastic anaesthesia BUT with dermaroller you shouldn't be using it as it is vasoconstrictive. The whole end point of dermaroller is erythema, oedema and pin point bleeding which you won't get as well with a vasoconstrictive anaesthetic.

What would you suggest then?

Thanks

What would you suggest then?

Thanks

to be honest most have some sort of vasoconstriction but if you get some LMX4, that will be the best for you to use. x

Well yours is a different product then because the one we use is called a 'Dermaroller' not a 'dermal roller' as mentioned the genuine Dermaroller that we have in the salon/spa that I work in only allow medically qualified people to use it.

There are some on the market that do allow beauty therapists to use their products but it depends which one you use.

It definately seems to be a very popular treatment with fab results,but results arent seen immediately.

Medically qualified peple can use a much stronger Emla cream than we as therapists can purchase ourselves from a chemist.

Well yours is a different product then because the one we use is called a 'Dermaroller' not a 'dermal roller' as mentioned the genuine Dermaroller that we have in the salon/spa that I work in only allow medically qualified people to use it.

There are some on the market that do allow beauty therapists to use their products but it depends which one you use.

It definately seems to be a very popular treatment with fab results,but results arent seen immediately.

Hi

I trained with aestheticare who have the genuine dermaroller (I'm a nurse) but they do, as I said in my previous post, train beauty therapists to use it BUT they will only do so if they work in a clinic with medical professionals and even then they will only sell to the clinic and not the beauty therapist.

Medically qualified peple can use a much stronger Emla cream than we as therapists can purchase ourselves from a chemist.

This is not correct, Emla only comes in one strength, you probably buy the 5g cream which contains 2.5% lidocaine and 2.5 % prilocaine. I prescribe the 30g tube but this still contains the same percentage. Emla is fab, produces good anaesthesia but shouldn't be used in dermaroller treatments as it causes vasoconstriction which is not what you want when you do this treatment.

LMX4 contains 4% lidocaine, you should leave this on for 30 minutes and wait for 5 minutes after you remove it before you do the treatment. this is the recommended topical cream for dermarollers.

This is not correct, Emla only comes in one strength, you probably buy the 5g cream which contains 2.5% lidocaine and 2.5 % prilocaine. I prescribe the 30g tube but this still contains the same percentage. Emla is fab, produces good anaesthesia but shouldn't be used in dermaroller treatments as it causes vasoconstriction which is not what you want when you do this treatment.

LMX4 contains 4% lidocaine, you should leave this on for 30 minutes and wait for 5 minutes after you remove it before you do the treatment. this is the recommended topical cream for dermarollers.

This is what I was told by our nurse,I thought there was only one strength but she said not.I dont understand why she has been using Emla whilst carrying out Dermaroller treatments,perhaps she uses it for other treatments and I got my wires crossed as to which cream she uses for which treatment,as we do tattoo removal and other advanced treatments.

I found this link that states it does come in different strengths so I am now confused:eek: I am not a nurse though so I could be easily misunderstanding what I am reading.
Compare Emla Cream Prices on PharmacyChecker.com

This is what I was told by our nurse,I thought there was only one strength but she said not.I dont understand why she has been using Emla whilst carrying out Dermaroller treatments,perhaps she uses it for other treatments and I got my wires crossed as to which cream she uses for which treatment,as we do tattoo removal and other advanced treatments.

I found this link that states it does come in different strengths so I am now confused:eek: I am not a nurse though so I could be easily misunderstanding what I am reading.
Compare Emla Cream Prices on PharmacyChecker.com

I'm a nurse prescriber and have a book with all drugs in it that can be prescribed, bought over the counter and pharmacy only medicine. This is published twice a year, I had a look in this just now and it confirms what I said before, that emla made by AstraZeneca (there is only one emla referenced) comes in various sizes i.e. 5g or 30 g and is only one strength, 2.5%.

I then had a look at the link above and it is not a UK site so I can't comment on that as they may have different medicines available who knows? But looking at it, it shows a 30g tube and the strength is basically 2.5% (one cites 2.58% but this is still 2.5% with an additional 0.08%). There are occasions where you can get sun tan lotion that says factor 30 but it is either higher or lower than this when tested.

So, yes one strength of Emla here in the UK market 2.5% lidocaine with 2.5% prilocaine. I don't know what your nurse uses but if she/he does use emla then it will provide better anaesthesia especially if occluded BUT you should not use it for dermaroller. With dermaroller you need to see 3 clinical end points and one of those is pin point bleeding, if you use emla you cause vasoconstriction (which constricts the blood vessels) and reduces the ability to get this particular endpoint.

Basically, I love emla as a topical anaesthetic, it knocks all others out of the water but for my dermarollers I use LMX4 as it does not constrict the blood vessels.

Hope this clarifies things a little?

I'm a nurse prescriber and have a book with all drugs in it that can be prescribed, bought over the counter and pharmacy only medicine. This is published twice a year, I had a look in this just now and it confirms what I said before, that emla made by AstraZeneca (there is only one emla referenced) comes in various sizes i.e. 5g or 30 g and is only one strength, 2.5%.

I then had a look at the link above and it is not a UK site so I can't comment on that as they may have different medicines available who knows? But looking at it, it shows a 30g tube and the strength is basically 2.5% (one cites 2.58% but this is still 2.5% with an additional 0.08%). There are occasions where you can get sun tan lotion that says factor 30 but it is either higher or lower than this when tested.

So, yes one strength of Emla here in the UK market 2.5% lidocaine with 2.5% prilocaine. I don't know what your nurse uses but if she/he does use emla then it will provide better anaesthesia especially if occluded BUT you should not use it for dermaroller. With dermaroller you need to see 3 clinical end points and one of those is pin point bleeding, if you use emla you cause vasoconstriction (which constricts the blood vessels) and reduces the ability to get this particular endpoint.

Basically, I love emla as a topical anaesthetic, it knocks all others out of the water but for my dermarollers I use LMX4 as it does not constrict the blood vessels.

Hope this clarifies things a little?

Yes it clarifies things thankyou for your help.Some sites can be a little misleading as I think the one in my link was,I really dont understand why I was told that about Emla coming in different strength.All rather odd.Ah well.You live and learn.

Latest posts

Back