Wella Toners?? KP or CT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsmack

Reaction score
Hi geeks, just wondering which you prefer to use as a toner and why? Koleston perfect or colour touch??

Anyone have any favourite "go to" lush blonde toner formulas?

Thanks x

Colour touch... because ots kinder on the hair and alot easier to manipulate round the hair quickly. 9/16 ct and 9/60 illumina are nice ones

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Colour touch. Really not a fan of Koleston to tone. Illumina is amazing too. My toners vary from blonde to blonde, depends how I'm feeling really.

9/60 is very versatile, leave a minute or so for a nice creamy blonde, leave for longer for a super clean white blonde, leave for even longer and it'll go lilac.

10/69 for a more silverish platinum look.

CT 10/6 + 8/81 2:1 with a cm or so of 0/68 goes soooo white.

Get creative!

Ahhh brilliant thanks! I will get some strand tests done and get mixing :) Is there any particular reason why you prefer CT or is it just because it 'grabs' and holds better?

I actually have a new lady coming in on Thursday that has bleach HL but her present hairdresser doesn't use a toner! By the looks of it, it appears that she likes the HL quite light but I'm hoping to lift with 6% low and slow to pale yellow (she's quite dark naturally, possibly a 6). Hoping that I can impress her by creating a lovely clean toned blonde :)

I'm yet to try the illumina range, I've heard great things so I'm looking forward to having a play :)

Colour touch spreads much easier and is kinder to the hair, adds loads more shine and yes it lasts longer than Koleston. Plus its acidic so closes the cuticle nicely.

With the exception of Illumina i don't like permanent ranges for toning.

Illumina has superior light reflection and if you use the glossing service to tone wow will it close that cuticle down and get loads of shine plus i find the colour really holds when you do the glossing service as everything's been locked in.

I'm not familiar with the glossing service in Wella (I have used the Tigi gloss previously). I will call my wella rep on Monday and arrange a visit as id like an updated education pack and info on new products x

Colour touch spreads much easier and is kinder to the hair, adds loads more shine and yes it lasts longer than Koleston. Plus its acidic so closes the cuticle nicely.

Illumina has superior light reflection and if you use the glossing service to tone wow will it close that cuticle down and get loads of shine plus i find the colour really holds when you do the glossing service as everything's been locked in.
For someone who is looking for longevity, gray coverage or at least good blending, and the least amount of damage possible, would you recommend gray coverage and toning with illumina glossing service or color touch? I have a fear of ethanolamine as I hear it's more damaging than ammonia but I also do not want lift from the ammonia on the rest of my hair. Does ethanolamine not cause lifting?

For someone who is looking for longevity, gray coverage or at least good blending, and the least amount of damage possible, would you recommend gray coverage and toning with illumina glossing service or color touch? I have a fear of ethanolamine as I hear it's more damaging than ammonia but I also do not want lift from the ammonia on the rest of my hair. Does ethanolamine not cause lifting?
If you don't want any lift or exposure to natural underlying pigment then I'd use colour touch. I've used wella for about 15 years and never had an issue with colour touch damaging the hair. I opted for colour touch for 90% of my toners after lightening the hair.

Hi! What would you prefer to tone and also to blend greys: illumina gloss or color touch? I’m scared to use color touch since I try to avoid ethanolamine at all costs. But then other times I think maybe I’m misleaded? I’m stuck between the illumina gloss vs CT to color/tone mid lengths/ends and to blend grays. I tend to think CT would be better to prevent lifting and give coverage but the ethanolamine in CT really drives me towards illumina gloss. Which do you think is the better choice in my situation? TIA!

I always use colour touch or Shinefinity, much more gentle on the hair. My favourite favourite toner at the moment is 9/97! It’s so lush!

Latest posts

Back