Leg waxing.. Wax won't come off!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
Help.... Every time I do a leg wax lately the wax just isn't coming off!!! Especially around the ankle area.. I'm at the point where it's making me hate waxing and it's happening with every client!!!! I have been waxing for Yeats I am not new to this and it has never gape ed before.... I use lycon olive oil strip wax x

Just try rubbing it really hard and fast to generate heat into the wax and soften it again and it should come off? Are your clients freezing? This can make that happen too. Make sure your room is warm. X

Yea I rub to make sure but it stil won't come off and then the wax off the strip sticks back onto the leg!! Arggghhhhhh.... Iv put it down to clients been cold and the weather but it's really annoying and makes me want to chuck my spatula across the room :) x

Turn your wax heater up a fraction hun, that's what I do sometimes when my wax wants to be silly like that and it works perfectly. Sometimes it can happen if you've reheated the wax tonnes of times - for example if you've been doing a lot of facial waxing. Sometimes wax is just silly! :D hth x

a little bit of pre wax oil will help, along with a good quality wax.

i usually pat the ankle area with paper or cloth repeatedly, instead of pulling in one sweep.

A very thin layer of oil will help you with this problem even when the client is cold. :wink2:

I have waxed for donkeys years and have come across this problem as well. Like you too I feel like chucking my spatula across the room. I now use jasmine oil and this seems to help. Good luck x

I reckon its the weather also. A lot of people at this time of year have really dry skin which is a nightmare to wax! Just make sure you get them to moisturise regularly
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

So do your an a layer of oil underneath the wax like hot waxing? X

Yes that's right, just a very thin layer will do the trick :wink2:

I find in summer when waxing with the Aircon going I get the same problems. I just rub a little harder when the strip goes down to warm the area up. I use a touch of talc underneath to help soak up moisture but haven't had much luck using oil, sounds like a good idea. It's frustrating and drives me insane too! good luck! X

So glad I'm not the only one!!! X

Also, when applying wax to the ankle and foot make sure you do it extra, extra thin and rub really well x

It's where the skin is cold and it ices up the wax. Oil will help but if you're in a really cold room, you could always apply the wax around the ankles and remove, then do the rest.

I have just joined Salon Geek and this is whati was looking for!
I am having the same problem, I am going to take talc and oil to my client today.
Many thanks

Latest posts

Back