Buying Mac cosmetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishymoo

Reaction score
Hi guys ... I'm hoping that someone can help me with regards to buying makeup at trade prices.
I'm branching out this summer and also want to start bridal packages alongside my usual beauty treatments but I'm at a loss as to where to buy my products!
I really do want to use Mac but surely I don't have to buy my whole stock from the Mac store?
Please help!

Hi Hun, someone on here keeps mentioning a mac pro card... I've googled it to death everyday for about two wks, and nothing zilch... Only info for us customers.

you need to apply for a mac pro card that then allows you to buy mac products at a discounted price , make up artists get the biggest discount i think. there's an annual membership cost .

I logged onto the MAC website and found the link for the Pro Card.

I downloaded the application form and sent off my ID, Certs & £25 payment.

Everything got sent back as I didn't provide enough info... Grrr

I went to the MAC store in Liverpool and got a temp card issued straight away.

Unfortunately, I'm only allowed the beauty therapist discount instead of full MUA discount, but it's better than no discount at all.

Long-winded but I got there in the end

H x

H
Did u have to take certs into the store? And how much is the discount with a pro x

How much is the beauty therapist discount? X

What Certs did you apply with? I have a makeup qualification but have no evidence of work and they state they need 2 things to apply. Hope I can get one! Good luck with yours.

What Certs did you apply with? I have a makeup qualification but have no evidence of work and they state they need 2 things to apply. Hope I can get one! Good luck with yours.

You need to show that you use makeup as a vital part in your work life, so you need to prove this by two pieces of qualifications or other documentation, besides that you need to send in a photo id and the fee.

Examples of documentation includes business cards with specific profession. Editorial page with name credit, head shot and resume, professional licence, professional reference of employment. Any of these documents need to be current and indicate your name and specific profession.

Eligible professions include: make up artist, stylist, model, photographer, nail technician, hair technician, cosmetologist, beauty therapist, performer and aesthetician.

I work for the company that owns them and then you get an amazing discount. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys ... I'm hoping that someone can help me with regards to buying makeup at trade prices.
I'm branching out this summer and also want to start bridal packages alongside my usual beauty treatments but I'm at a loss as to where to buy my products!
I really do want to use Mac but surely I don't have to buy my whole stock from the Mac store?
Please help!

Yes it has to be from MAC. Where else would you expect to get it from?

Make sure that you get it from a stand alone store rather than a counter, I don't think that you can use your Pro discount at a counter. I think it does work over the phone though if you call the number from the Pro site and do mail order x

That's fab! Thank you!! I've just googled the pro card and got the application form up straight away.

I'll get it sent off asap ... happy days :)

That's fab! Thank you!! I've just googled the pro card and got the application form up straight away.

I'll get it sent off asap ... happy days :)

Try and get to a store with it if you can, they give you a temp one straight away, I believe that it can take a while online.

Try and get to a store with it if you can, they give you a temp one straight away, I believe that it can take a while online.

this is good to know i was going to send mine off but now i will take it into my local store:biggrin:

Can concessions stores do them, or do I head to canaby st?

Can concessions stores do them, or do I head to canaby st?

I imagine it is just stand a lone stores that can issue them rather than counters as you can't get the discount at counters. x

Yes in boutique stores only can you use your mac pro card......main one in London is Covent Garden I think.

Hey

I have recently received a temp MAC PRO card and still waiting for my permanent one...grrr.

Basically, you have to go into a stand alone store, no boutiques - This is the process for the Bham store but as far as I know it's all the same.

The cost of the card (for 1 year) is £25, I had to bring in my insurance documents, my qualifications, passport (or any ID) and a business card (which she didn't ask to see). She then issued a temporary card until the perm one comes through. This allows me to shop online also, though I think you have to complete your order via their customer services.

I am a beauty therapist so only got 25% but as another person stated - it's better than nothing.

Hope this helps?
x

Thank you Bellini. I'm Birmingham based. X

Thanks too everyone, this was just what I was looking for. Good old search button :Love:

Latest posts

Back